Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

hangs up on Merge

AMCNitro

2 hours ago, JParis said:

Nope...I merge things all the time...

Can you open that file in a new session?  Just wondering out loud if it's a SW's file that might not be in the proper rebuild state?

It was an MC file.  I've had this problem before, then it went away, now its back.  Frustrating!

What I ended up doing was use "Save Some" and save at as a Parasolids, that allowed to merge the Parasolid into the other file MC file.

• 3 weeks later...

So crazy enough never had this problem in the past. I merge all kinds of STP, STL's, fixture solids, etc. would always work perfect. was loving the new 2020 merging even more. But just moved to a new system, clean install and it is all whacked out! Doesn't blow up, but reverts to original Top Plane, opens up other levels and is a real PITA. This is just the last 2 days and I did not have time yesterday to solve it. I am thinking it is something in the settings. I hope anyway. Its like its making a effed up bookmark on a view sheet or something. Any suggestions are welcomed, or I will have the fight on Monday and post my results. Thanks

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 3:19 PM, jwvt88 said:

resaving it as a parasolid. Then the parasolids merge with no issues. 

That is because  Mastercam solids run on the Siemens Parasolid kernel

Parasolid should always be your first choice when importing or exporting solid models

step is second, IGES ( aka I guess) dead last

parasolid kernel.jpg