Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Monitor Recomendations?

motor-vater

So Finally getting a new system and I'm pretty pumped. Mind u it nothing super fancy but an upgrade all the same. Currently I have been using 3 DELL 24" monitors A few years old for sure but functional. I am really up in the air as to what I should do for new monitors. Maybe 2 bigger monitors, flat screens, curved screens, maybe one of those ridiculously large curved screens... What are u guys doing?

I have been using the 3rd screen for my toolpath/level managers because I just dont hae enough real estate on the 24" screens to leave it docked. But there are issues with that, it makes a few issues with safety zones and points manager. Not sure why but I filed it a while ago. So when I work with those features I have o re dock to get proper function.. PITA for sure, so I am looking forward to getting back to 2 or maybe one proper sized monitors...

Here is my setup.  I use a 3 monitor setup. 2 Dell ultrasharp u2417h monitors with an Asus ZenScreen mb16ac as a 3rd monitor.  I use 1920 x 1080 resolution.  I'm very happy with it.  I have thought about dual curved monitors.  Never used curved so i don't know what i'm missing.  Anyone use curved dual monitors?

IMG_20200415_072825922.jpg

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Programinator said:

Here is my setup.  I use a 3 monitor setup. 2 Dell ultrasharp u2417h monitors with an Asus ZenScreen mb16ac as a 3rd monitor.  I use 1920 x 1080 resolution.  I'm very happy with it.  I have thought about dual curved monitors.  Never used curved so i don't know what i'm missing.  Anyone use curved dual monitors?

IMG_20200415_072825922.jpg

I'm running 2 Dell 24" UltraSharp2 for a left and right monitor, with a 27" UltraSharp in the middle

Could you share your gradient color settings?

I'm running

Background (gradient start)  = 0

Background (gradient end)  = 155

I like the gradient on your screen and would like to try it

I bought a single 43" Samsung UN43RU7100FXZA for each of our 4 programmers. We got them for $300 each from Amazon. We found Displayport to HDMI cables that support 4K 60fps. With a couple of setting adjustments on the TV they play nice with Windows 10 and our Quadro cards. For the money, I think this is so much nicer than dual screens with a split at the center of your vision.

This is my temporary work from home configuration. My work desk is a little deeper so I can sit a little further back.

Also, you can by VESA monitor stands so you can tilt and rotate the screen like a monitor. FWIW, the audio is passed through the Quadro Displayport connection and the TV speakers work fine. It's nice not having the clutter of speakers anymore.

t1EpA6k0cXt_OJitNn_OieBm82unOqGC-OI2bamETmObnKQGD7_t23zr_f6xno042lfWlVkKxnfckzcockvb0kjISSChjnlywFPvHFJi9rdg7FfEtTTSXB7y4pO_7pVonugqusWrWMgPGEjJiiOrfUSLf408MVnxsBlWIOwmq3bSEHLvNp-2TjucJQ070FvqrUK5syfaWWZMczaYBVNf1EdR60kaBJJZq8TbIt0vxGmkfZvwrqJ4bwWvpm-qrcXhl2g7S8UCdYee0WOV6uUxgIOfm--BI5gPPcG7-9Gwph5AMswXbJLSx8ivycWgSYbZWl-bPnR7FkEeVFEVYIG79xEqX6bg6xibb6EZUsQHMjq7711zazBwVYFjSXO8Aro0yysZOFVS5mKf-rq6hQxK4c1flddV-kvUe29iP9rC7ryZG2bP1uDdGLIsLnsTWr5fATfB9da8ZkMJYcbG863d71c2nCLSDcvXXmFlclAnPqkxWwACMqVT0su6ggus8BMXQ4pEsDMXAcId4N58XljPulp3Hyq4MEwatuq1ORYn6uUVNdfnGl4nq4IXLjqofzYtRlXvNEU2EfoXOI7xFAcTaE-Dfcwsla7JrO1ZLnaKPf5MmoVeLj0rIPOboHS49RGL21nL1-SQ8WFobCXtH6tpEfHVXtWFLRduvqSdNarN46RL-_sdjD5adVquCJCXUA=w2644-h1983-no

Edited by Eric Allen
added more info
  • Like 2