Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Accelerated Finishing Tools

Hey guys,

I'm researching something new to me. I'm looking into using these Accelerated finishing tools. I see Emuge, Garant, and Inova have them. I'm interested in finding more manufacturers of these. I'm also wondering if there is a resource available for how to best use these with their slight differences. I'm looking to potentially save time, but more interested in increasing surface quality to reduce the amount of work polishing. Current application would be 3d finishing the outer profile of a part. We really need formal 5x MC training here. We have brought it up to the boss numerous times but we've been making do trying to teach ourselves(I do a little bit of swarf and roughing), but today will be trying parallel or morph a bit for these tools. 

9 minutes ago, jwvt88 said:

Hey guys,

I'm researching something new to me. I'm looking into using these Accelerated finishing tools. I see Emuge, Garant, and Inova have them. I'm interested in finding more manufacturers of these. I'm also wondering if there is a resource available for how to best use these with their slight differences. I'm looking to potentially save time, but more interested in increasing surface quality to reduce the amount of work polishing. Current application would be 3d finishing the outer profile of a part. We really need formal 5x MC training here. We have brought it up to the boss numerous times but we've been making do trying to teach ourselves(I do a little bit of swarf and roughing), but today will be trying parallel or morph a bit for these tools. 

You have found everyone that makes them that I am aware of that does. The using of the tools requires that they are correctly define in the tooldb. Emuge is the only one I am aware that is defined and on the Mastercam Tech exchange. The Emuge Tech staff are great to talk with and work with. We used them on a Ti project that was not impellers and we save about 3-6 hour per part using them over traditional ball endmills.

35 minutes ago, David Colin said:

I know about Fraisa which make circle segment tools:

https://www.fraisa.com/en/products/fraisa-arcut-x

I also knew some from WNT (but now it's labeled Ceratizit so i'm not sure these tools still exist)

https://www.wnt.com/ie/cutting-tools/news-cutting-tools/circular-segment-cutters-have-productivity-over-a-barrel-1659.html

Thank you sir one of issues with Emuge is they only offer them for hard metals though I have used them on softer metal. Fraisa offers them for aluminum I will be getting a bunch on order for a few customers.

• 3 months later...