Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Saving op defaults - Crashes everytime

Rstewart

Running Mcam through a VPN is not the most ideal setup,

local hasp key or NetHasp key?

what remote utility?

there have been various issues with folks running Mcam using Remote Desktop, usually it can't find the local hasp if you try to launch it from the remote computer

We have a net license (until next week, going to a dongle) and it retrieves it off the server when I VPN into the work network.

To my next question, Whats the process I use to switch from NetHasp to plug in dongle?  I received it today, just with instructions to send our NetHasp back to CNC software...

How do I activate this USB dongle?

You should talk with your IT person. Go to the User\Public\Shared mcam----\ folders, and allow "full control" to your user group(s) or individual profile. 

I also recommend allowing full control over %AppData%. Make sure hidden folders and system folders are visible. Type " %AppData% " into windows explorer without the quotes or spaces in the name. The percent prefix and suffix signs make this a Windows Environment Variable.

There should be both 'local' and 'roaming'. Inside each will be a Mastercam folder or a CNC Software folder. (Possibly multiple, based on version...) Set the permissions to full control on both the local and the roaming Mastercam/CNC Software  sub-folders.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Rstewart said:

We have a net license (until next week, going to a dongle) and it retrieves it off the server when I VPN into the work network.

To my next question, Whats the process I use to switch from NetHasp to plug in dongle?  I received it today, just with instructions to send our NetHasp back to CNC software...

How do I activate this USB dongle?

Running a local Hasp key is as simple as plugging it in to the computer you're running Mcam on

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

You should talk with your IT person. Go to the User\Public\Shared mcam----\ folders, and allow "full control" to your user group(s) or individual profile. 

I think Colin nailed this one.

Your IT policies are not allowing your user files to be overwritten via a VPN connection

• Like 1
5 hours ago, gcode said:

I think Colin nailed this one.

Your IT policies are not allowing your user files to be overwritten via a VPN connection

He could copy the files and change the path in his configurarion.

Got my physical USB hasp now, don't have to worry about that crap anymore.  I had to get up with the I.T. guy to be able to install hasp drivers, soon as I did that, we're off to the races.

Thanks go out to my reseller for not charging to do the switch-over from net > usb hasp

Thanks for all the helpful replies buds 🤙