Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool Manager Not Responding

Rstewart

Hey Rstewart,

The short answer is that the ToolManager.exe, along with CodeExpert.exe and Mastercam itself, must all be explicitly told to use the Dedicated graphics card. ToolManager and CodeExpert will otherwise run into problems when attempting to draw graphics objects on the screen (create a tool or run Millturn Simulation.) The ToolManager and CodeExpert exe's are located here by default: C:\Program Files\Mastercam 2020\Mastercam\Extensions\

See my response on this below thread for more detailed information on how to force use of the dedicated NVIDIA graphics card for these .exe's:

https://www.emastercam.com/forums/topic/95322-tool-manager-crashes-in-2018/?tab=comments#comment-1179651

There's an official KB article that includes instructions for AMD cards as well.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Rstewart said:

MC 2020 latest update.

Last week the stand-alone tool manager was working, now all I get is the (not responding) when I initiate create new tool?

I've restarted 3 times, no go.  

Any Ideas?  I have several new tools and holders I need to draw up. 

If your tool & holder aren't verty complicated you could build them in the internal toolmanager.

19 minutes ago, Chally72 said:

Hey Rstewart,

The short answer is that the ToolManager.exe, along with CodeExpert.exe and Mastercam itself, must all be explicitly told to use the Dedicated graphics card. ToolManager and CodeExpert will otherwise run into problems when attempting to draw graphics objects on the screen (create a tool or run Millturn Simulation.) The ToolManager and CodeExpert exe's are located here by default: C:\Program Files\Mastercam 2020\Mastercam\Extensions\

See my response on this below thread for more detailed information on how to force use of the dedicated NVIDIA graphics card for these .exe's:

https://www.emastercam.com/forums/topic/95322-tool-manager-crashes-in-2018/?tab=comments#comment-1179651

There's an official KB article that includes instructions for AMD cards as well.

You Are the Man!

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

Tells me the BIOS is still using 2 video choices and need to go into your BIOS and disable the ability to use the integrated Graphics card on the INTEL chip.

Many won't let you do this.  My dell for instance is one that won't, and it happens to be that it can't be done as the dedicated graphics has to port through the integrated to get out.  But things seem to run ok, so I'm not worried at the moment.  If I had known this, I wouldn't have chosen this model, but it is compact and good for the road, so I'm not complaining.