Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Setup sheet part images not displaying constantly

Compaq007

Recently upgraded to Mastercam 2020 from Mastercam 2017.

I am using the same setup sheet report from 2017 most features work the same with the exception of the operation part images.

I was wondering if this is an issue happening to me only.

by the way I like the new updates and improvements to Mastercam 2020 they are spot-on they have really stepped up things.

46 minutes ago, Compaq007 said:

This is the first operation.

image.png

This is the second operation.

image.png.4932454a12ea7e7fe71af3bd4e30ad9f.png

Looks like programmed from wireframe verses a solid to drive the toolpath and only the associated entities show in the graphics of the setup sheet. Want to see solids in the setup sheet will need to grab solids in my thinking without a file to play along at home.

11 hours ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

Looks like programmed from wireframe verses a solid to drive the toolpath and only the associated entities show in the graphics of the setup sheet. Want to see solids in the setup sheet will need to grab solids in my thinking without a file to play along at home.

That was a solid model i used. i went ahead an tried it with new model and a Surface High Speed operation.

The only way to make it appear on the setup sheet operation is to select the model and change the view from Outlined Shaded to wireframe/no Hidden and it shows for the first operation only.

image.png.080de45775713b2a96d1646ea9e6c382.png

Sounds like JrScott is right. it kinda makes sense it being a bug, getting worse.

5 hours ago, JrScott said:

I quit using active reports in 2020 mastercam. It won’t display images with the tool path on them. I was told it was a known bug. 

That is too bad... Did they give you a fix or a work around?

I hope they fix this for MC2021..

• Compaq007 changed the title to Setup sheet part images not displaying constantly
10 hours ago, Compaq007 said:

That is too bad... Did they give you a fix or a work around?

I hope they fix this for MC2021..

13 minutes ago, JrScott said:

I was told from my reseller that it would be fixed in 2021.  I guess we will see.  I wish active reports was easier to customize. 

You could use this -> https://my.mastercam.com/Communities/3rd-Party-Developers/NET-Hook-Downloads

It may require a little groundwork, but we have people around here who can help you and it is much easier to implement than active reports, Do yourselves a favor!

1 hour ago, byte said:

You could use this -> https://my.mastercam.com/Communities/3rd-Party-Developers/NET-Hook-Downloads

It may require a little groundwork, but we have people around here who can help you and it is much easier to implement than active reports, Do yourselves a favor!

Awesome!! I just started doing C-hooks and I downloaded it the C# version of  the setup sheets. 

I am testing it right now but solid model still not displaying for each operation.

Assuming that you are using this for your reports, where you able to make the solid model display for each operation? Or did you have to work around to get the solid model to show?

1 minute ago, Compaq007 said:

Awesome!! I just started doing C-hooks and I downloaded it the C# version of  the setup sheets. 

:thumbup:

1 minute ago, Compaq007 said:

Assuming that you are using this for your reports, where you able to make the solid model display for each operation? Or did you have to work around to get the solid model to show?

I haven't used it :p I make a report in excel using data in the nc file and then print to PDFCreator and merge them together onto a double sided worksheet with the tools on the front and mastercam picture on the front.

I will take a look if it is working, it should be fine, as this is a brand new project 2020.