Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

unlicensed Mastercam question

paulfell

1 hour ago, Newbeeee™ said:

hmmmmm....so what's your process to allow scrap progs through onto the machine?

I'm asuming you're verifying and checking to model etc...so prog is good... or?

And the classic accident where you machine a complete arc when it shouldn't,  can be a parameter issue on the control?

Just curious

Machine a complete arc when we should not? I have never done that. Are you using 2021 beta, or something?

2 hours ago, jeff said:

And yet you're free to GTFO any time you choose.

Spoken like a true American. I'm sorry, why don't you have any freedom anymore? LOL

4 hours ago, pro grammer said:

Machine a complete arc when we should not? I have never done that. Are you using 2021 beta, or something?

Spoken like a true American. I'm sorry, why don't you have any freedom anymore? LOL

i'm not using anything now. But was X9 and beta testing 2017 2018.

The full arc is a "thing" which verify cannot catch as it's a machine parameter issue.

Any bugs that I ever saw were things like locking up or stock model slow down and things like that. X8 had a comp issue for the 2D deburring path where it didn't activate correctly when using machine compensation - which stopped me from using it at the time. Verify wouldn't have caught that (note to self - get out more and forget chit like this :D )

But other issues I saw were as I said - not component scrappers.

So what are you seeing - how are you scrapping parts on the machine?

13 hours ago, pro grammer said:

You only got 1 one day ban and left for 2 years? You gotta realize this place is more censored than China.

Knowledge and experience dissemination is the sole prerogative of the owner of said knowledge and experience. Completely and totally at the individual's sole discretion. 

You are DEFINITELY new around here. Everyone in here is free to criticize their respective governments. 

We are even free to criticize Mastercam software here. It's all in the presentation of said criticism. Be productive with your criticism and pretty much anything goes. I think we've all gone on a rant on the new UI but couched it with improvement suggestions. 

:coffee:

13 hours ago, Newbeeee™ said:

i'm not using anything now. But was X9 and beta testing 2017 2018.

The full arc is a "thing" which verify cannot catch as it's a machine parameter issue.

Any bugs that I ever saw were things like locking up or stock model slow down and things like that. X8 had a comp issue for the 2D deburring path where it didn't activate correctly when using machine compensation - which stopped me from using it at the time. Verify wouldn't have caught that (note to self - get out more and forget chit like this :D )

But other issues I saw were as I said - not component scrappers.

So what are you seeing - how are you scrapping parts on the machine?

Here is an example of what I ran into yesterday. I had a 3 hole rotational transform of a drill op on a c-axis lathe. I ran in backplot and it was ok. It showed 3 holes. I ran the simulator and it showed 2 holes. I check the posting ( I had to completely rework the processor because the original was just down right pathetic). Troubleshoot, troubleshoot, troubleshoot. Finally, I shut of MC and restart. Verify now works properly. 3 F'in holes and MC cannot get a good verify. This sort of crap is daily.  Here is another. A very simple c-axis part. I want to create a stock model for op2. SEVEN F'in minutes to generate that model. SEVEN F'IN MINUTES. If I go back and change even so much as the rpm on 1 process or the program number SEVEN MORE F'IN MINUTES! Sorry if I am not an MC fanboy. There is more more to my life than MC, unlike some of you purple heart heroes. Some of my complaints are complaints that have been posted many times, by others, over years and they are still a problem. As many other have said FIX THE OLD BUGS BEFORE YOU CREATE NEW. How many versions have had the same issues with lathe WCS?

Create a Pmesh from the stock model, then once you are at a point where you are not changing your process, recreate the stock model from the Pmesh instead of the tool paths. This way you break the association and when you have to regenerate a operation, the stock model stays intact. Yes it is a little more work, but it beats having to regenerate operations that are referencing the stock model. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, pro grammer said:

I want to create a stock model for op2. SEVEN F'in minutes to generate that model. SEVEN F'IN MINUTES. If I go back and change even so much as the rpm on 1 process or the program number SEVEN MORE F'IN MINUTES! Sorry if I am not an MC fanboy. There is more more to my life than MC, unlike some of you purple heart heroes. Some of my complaints are complaints that have been posted many times, by others, over years and they are still a problem. As many other have said FIX THE OLD BUGS BEFORE YOU CREATE NEW. How many versions have had the same issues with lathe WCS?

Sounds like you need a better computer instead of bashing software you're not properly equipped to run

• Like 1
3 hours ago, pro grammer said:

I had a 3 hole rotational transform of a drill op on a c-axis lathe. I ran in backplot and it was ok. It showed 3 holes.

I ran the simulator and it showed 2 holes.

I check the posting ( I had to completely rework the processor because the original was just down right pathetic). Troubleshoot, troubleshoot, troubleshoot. 

I'll just comment on this one example.

Your configuration must be ATF. Machine/Control def not correct etc? 

And as for the post...ALL posts need time putting into them with testing to iron out issues. It sounds like you're not even close with getting that sorted?

IMHO, With Mastercam, it is waaaayyy easier working WITH it than AGAINST it. If you're going to continue using it, put the hours in and learn/understand how it works and correctly configure and test and then you'll be a whole lot happier as a lot of your problems will go-away.

• Like 1

Well I have invested my own money into using Mastercam and it has allowed me to feed my family. Why would someone want to hire me to program their parts if I hate the software I have invested it to earn a living at? Wouldn't that make me foolish and kind of stupid? You bashing Mastercam is telling every potential customer to look elsewhere and possible take food out of my mouth. You don't care to see it that way because you really don't care as long as you get what you need.

Purple heart hero is such a disrespect to those men and women who gave their lives or got wounded for the Untied States of America defending the freedom we have. I know you think your world is falling apart and your the only programmer on the face of the earth to have your problems, but your not. We all have our issues, but only your issues are important and the rest of us need to bow to your complaints and your grips because your the most important programmer on the face of the earth. Sorry, but if this dummy with no degree and not real formal education can figure it out and earn a living doing it then anyone can.

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, AHarrison1 said:

Why is this troll still being fed???

It does not matter which post it is in, the troll sniffs and then you feed him.

Almost every 2nd post is getting hijacked.

STOP FEEDING THE TROLL!!!... eventually he will clear off.

if everyone stops he'll go back to Mom's basement and play video games

• Like 2
2 hours ago, AHarrison1 said:

Why is this troll still being fed???

It does not matter which post it is in, the troll sniffs and then you feed him.

Almost every 2nd post is getting hijacked.

STOP FEEDING THE TROLL!!!... eventually he will clear off.

Trolls gotta eat 2!

20 hours ago, Newbeeee™ said:

I'll just comment on this one example.

Your configuration must be ATF. Machine/Control def not correct etc? 

And as for the post...ALL posts need time putting into them with testing to iron out issues. It sounds like you're not even close with getting that sorted?

IMHO, With Mastercam, it is waaaayyy easier working WITH it than AGAINST it. If you're going to continue using it, put the hours in and learn/understand how it works and correctly configure and test and then you'll be a whole lot happier as a lot of your problems will go-away.

LOL! How idiotic is that!?! It works after restarting and it is my fault? You goofballs really are fanboys, eh? It is just like TRYING to get tech support. It is NEVER mastercams fault. It must be the fault of every other software running on your PC. Even though every other software running on your pc is running fine. As for the post, how long does it take before MC finally figures out the post for the most common 3 axis lathe control on the planet? Another 20 years, maybe? You are really ridiculous. You deserve a purple heart medal for that one. You can sit around with 5axis this weekend are rub your purple hearts together while holding hands and crying. I love you guys. You make me laugh uncontrollably.

23 hours ago, Rstewart said:

Sounds like you need a better computer instead of bashing software you're not properly equipped to run

Trust and believe, our computers go way beyond the MC suggested requirements. We are not having this issue with ANY other software. Once again, it could NEVER be MC's fault, could it?

25 minutes ago, pro grammer said:

LOL! How idiotic is that!?! It works after restarting and it is my fault? You goofballs really are fanboys, eh? It is just like TRYING to get tech support. It is NEVER mastercams fault. It must be the fault of every other software running on your PC. Even though every other software running on your pc is running fine. As for the post, how long does it take before MC finally figures out the post for the most common 3 axis lathe control on the planet? Another 20 years, maybe? You are really ridiculous. You deserve a purple heart medal for that one. You can sit around with 5axis this weekend are rub your purple hearts together while holding hands and crying. I love you guys. You make me laugh uncontrollably.

Ohhh...you're saying that a re-boot cleared your problem? I missed that bit because you said you had to ( I had to completely rework the processor because the original was just down right pathetic)

I'm assuming that a re-boot never fixed your post then :rolleyes:

Ref your comment regarding the most common 3 axis lathe control on the planet? You obviously realise that machine control implementation is in the hands of MTBs? So driven tool Mcodes and Hi pressure pump Mcodes and chuck and barfeed and tailstock and and and blah blah blah can all be very different?

And 5th axis is on my list to have a beer with - next time I'm in 'Murrica.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Newbeeee™ said:

Ref your comment regarding the most common 3 axis lathe control on the planet? You obviously realise that machine control implementation is in the hands of MTBs? So driven tool Mcodes and Hi pressure pump Mcodes and chuck and barfeed and tailstock and and and blah blah blah can all be very different?

And 5th axis is on my list to have a beer with - next time I'm in 'Murrica.

100% fact the control implementation is the MTB's responsibility. Control manufacturers have suggestions, but ultimately, it's up to the MTB to option, implement and execute the control and all it's happenings. 

Some builders are disciplined with implementation, IOW, building backward compatability in to the capability matrix, and others... not so much. Not gonna name names I'll leave that to the end users. :rofl:

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, cncappsjames said:

100% fact the control implementation is the MTB's responsibility

We've got 3 Mitsubishi HBM's here

they are all the same model and were all built within a year of each other

yet every single one of them is unique .

They are 95% the same, but the 5% that is different can drive you nuts

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
On 5/6/2020 at 2:56 PM, Aaron Eberhard - CNC Software said:

I dunno, I wrote a pretty robust "hello world" once, as long as you didn't....

I'm guessing you didn't do that in Adroid Studio.

On 5/13/2020 at 5:46 AM, pro grammer said:

You gotta realize this place is more censored than China.

Of course it is.  It's owned by a Mastercam reseller who is responsible for the content.  I can't understand why some one wouldn't get that.  If you developed a website for your customers and made it free to the world,  would you not moderate it?