Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

NTX2000 using Mastercam

32 minutes ago, Mustafa-CNC said:

Anyone using Mastercam to program the DMG NTX2000 or it just me!

There are people out there running Mill Turns in Mastercam.

So you could set up an MP post for this, but unless you have a lot of experience running one you will find the programming/posting difficult as there is no provision for debugging wait codes.

Postability offer some high functionality Mill Turn post in MP but again they state quite clearly that the granular output cannot be guaranteed under all conditions. And of course they are "binned".

The new MT modules show promise, and I believe they have machine environments for the Moris. This is an entirely new  add on and has a synch manager page to control the wait codes.

The problem is that it is fairly new and Mastercam has it locked down pretty tight (can't say I blame them). This means you are somewhat at the mercy of the skills of your reseller, or their willingness to kick the stuff they can't handle up to CNC corporate. However they make their money providing these services (they don't make much on seats) so there is a natural reluctance to give up the revenue stream to corporate. I have seen a well set up MT module work and it is pretty slick. 

I would definitely run some sort of CAV as well tho', regardless of which method (or even software for that matter) you use, especially the B axis head machines.

• Thanks 1

I just was wondering, I have been programming this machine for more than two years now. I use Mastercam and hand-edit especilly Mastercam doesn’t support some features like tool management in the meantime. The bright side is, I am working with the Mastercam post processor department directly to fix the issues, but we still have many.

Thank you all,

#11.JPG

Your reseller is one of the best in the network so your in good hands there. Still not sure are you using MT or Lathe/Mill with a MP post to program the machine? Tool Life management support in what aspect? M-Code or G-Code? Or Specific process codes? Parent?Child or redundant support?

4 hours ago, Alex Dales said:

We got a customer up here in Canada who got one of these earlier this year. We set them up with a new post we developed for the machine and did some onsite testing to dial it in. They have been running smoothly with this post for the last couple months.

Exactly, but how many customers don't take the time to dial things in and do it right then wonder why things and running like crap. Then they want to blame everyone, but themselves for not doing it correct from the start. Pay me now or pay me later and crazy how many companies keep doing the same thing over and over again and except a miracle to happen. I told one owner one time that "No we don't have a bunch of elves that will come into your shop over night and fix all the things you never wanted to fix for all the years" he was not amused.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 5/8/2020 at 3:54 PM, 5th Axis CGI said:

how many customers don't take the time to dial things in and do it right then wonder why things and running like crap. Then they want to blame everyone, but themselves for not doing it correct from the start.

Yeah we were really fortunate to have the opportunity to do the onsite testing along with the development on this one. Makes such a big difference, and makes me more confident the next time someone comes to us for that machine. 

Usually its "I don't care, just send what you have NOW", followed by 6 months of radio silence, then "It has never, ever worked!" so we gotta celebrate the wins like this NTX when we can!

• Like 2
On 5/6/2020 at 9:59 AM, nickbe10 said:

There are people out there running Mill Turns in Mastercam.

So you could set up an MP post for this, but unless you have a lot of experience running one you will find the programming/posting difficult as there is no provision for debugging wait codes.

Postability offer some high functionality Mill Turn post in MP but again they state quite clearly that the granular output cannot be guaranteed under all conditions. And of course they are "binned".

The new MT modules show promise, and I believe they have machine environments for the Moris. This is an entirely new  add on and has a synch manager page to control the wait codes.

The problem is that it is fairly new and Mastercam has it locked down pretty tight (can't say I blame them). This means you are somewhat at the mercy of the skills of your reseller, or their willingness to kick the stuff they can't handle up to CNC corporate. However they make their money providing these services (they don't make much on seats) so there is a natural reluctance to give up the revenue stream to corporate. I have seen a well set up MT module work and it is pretty slick. 

I would definitely run some sort of CAV as well tho', regardless of which method (or even software for that matter) you use, especially the B axis head machines.

thank you, I have a machine environment from Mastercam, and all adjustment that we done is on it.

On 5/6/2020 at 2:56 PM, 5th Axis CGI said:

Your reseller is one of the best in the network so your in good hands there. Still not sure are you using MT or Lathe/Mill with a MP post to program the machine? Tool Life management support in what aspect? M-Code or G-Code? Or Specific process codes? Parent?Child or redundant support?

I have a machine environment from Mastercam. This machine has a gantry, and the machine runs 24 hours a day “in the best scenario”. The terms of tool management are Load monitoring, tool breakage detection, tool life, and tool groups to utilize the redundant tools in the magazine.

For example, it’s a combination of M-codes and logic need to be added to the program. The tool breakage it’s a macro call controlled by sync codes and this concept applied on the upper and lower head etc..

thanks

6 minutes ago, Mustafa-CNC said:

I have a machine environment from Mastercam. This machine has a gantry, and the machine runs 24 hours a day “in the best scenario”. The terms of tool management are Load monitoring, tool breakage detection, tool life, and tool groups to utilize the redundant tools in the magazine.

For example, it’s a combination of M-codes and logic need to be added to the program. The tool breakage it’s a macro call controlled by sync codes and this concept applied on the upper and lower head etc..

thanks

When given what they need and can configure the environment to do whatever is needed.

9 minutes ago, Mustafa-CNC said:

I already did, but Mastercam said it’s not supported in the meantime due to the software structure.

Hum well I stand corrected. You can make up manual entry items, but not automated like I or you would want. I do this for CAV commands when I want Clamps and other things to turn on and off in the CAV environment.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

Hum well I stand corrected. You can make up manual entry items, but not automated like I or you would want. I do this for CAV commands when I want Clamps and other things to turn on and off in the CAV environment.

Good idea, I do the same on the Gantry load and unload, but I haven’t tried it on the tool management yet.

Thanks