Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post Text Editing Via. CD Manager Not work .

You can edit the control text directly in the .pst file without even opening the machine or control definition.

After you do this, be sure to reload the machine definition. this will reload the control text into the toolpath parameters and make it visible on the Misc real/int page.

One other thing that can cause issues with the control text is the windows language. The windows language code contains a language and a region. Your control text is set as en-IN. If your windows language does not match the language in the control text then some versions of Mastercam will not recognize the control text.

In MC 2020 or later, I always deliver post with en-US as the language. Mastercam 2020 fixed this language compatibility issues by allowing it to always read in en-US if the windows language is not found.

15 hours ago, Alex Dales said:

You can edit the control text directly in the .pst file without even opening the machine or control definition.

After you do this, be sure to reload the machine definition. this will reload the control text into the toolpath parameters and make it visible on the Misc real/int page.

One other thing that can cause issues with the control text is the windows language. The windows language code contains a language and a region. Your control text is set as en-IN. If your windows language does not match the language in the control text then some versions of Mastercam will not recognize the control text.

In MC 2020 or later, I always deliver post with en-US as the language. Mastercam 2020 fixed this language compatibility issues by allowing it to always read in en-US if the windows language is not found.

Thank you Alex 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, So not a Guru said:

I thought we weren't supposed to do this, since they changed to the xml format.

Alex hit on it..

As long as you maintain the xml formatting, editing in the post is fine...break that though and it could be a headache. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, JParis said:

Alex hit on it..

As long as you maintain the xml formatting, editing in the post is fine...break that though and it could be a headache. 

XML requires certain characters to be escaped, try putting an ampersand(&) in a text tag and watch the post text default to system text.  If you add an ampersand thru the CD it will be escaped correctly.

The post and post text also must be encoded in UTF-8, in the unlikely case the editor used to edit the post doesn't support UTF-8 (some people still use PFE) and you venture outside the ASCII range the post text will also blow up.

Editing through the CD eliminates both problems.

@Sushant Singh, ask your reseller for a copy of the Working with machine and control definitions  MP application guide, it goes over everything in great detail.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, JParis said:

Alex hit on it..

I tore up a half dozen post before I realized I needed to do it a certain way. I keep backups so just some lost time, but yes back before 2020 is was not something I did in the post I always did it through the MMD/CMD process.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Zaffin_D said:

XML requires certain characters to be escaped, try putting an ampersand(&) in a text tag and watch the post text default to system text.  If you add an ampersand thru the CD it will be escaped correctly.

The post and post text also must be encoded in UTF-8, in the unlikely case the editor used to edit the post doesn't support UTF-8 (some people still use PFE) and you venture outside the ASCII range the post text will also blow up.

Thanks for the Info on this!

I do all my post edits in Notepad++ and have yet to run into any of these issues. 

I will keep an eye out and see if I can break it when I have some free time.

19 hours ago, Zaffin_D said:

@Sushant Singh, ask your reseller for a copy of the Working with machine and control definitions  MP application guide, it goes over everything in great detail.

Yes, I have that Document.