Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Order of Operations gets reversed in MC2020

Compaq007

The order of my operations is getting reversed when I move the a tool path group, this is something new I have not seen in previous MC versions.

image.png.a07e2ca7f2d3a4a22eb2ecc130e9da86.png

When I drag the "TOP SIDE O4100" tool path group to the bottom, the order of operations is getting reversed.

image.png.11d28d91285c9b7c9d15e79ef14686ea.png

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Why I always start at the bottom of an group of operations I want to change and then work my way up. The more risky way of possibly loosing your work is to cut and then paste into a new operation group. The other way is to save the file and then import your operations from the same file into your file if nothing is tied to solids.

For me this is a rather simple program but if I have to reorder that .0669 drill...I have just gotten in the habit of noting the order and then moving it and manually realigning the ops order as I want it...

On more complex ones that might involve several rotations and different ops....I have taken to writing the order down..

uI32gQI.png

36 minutes ago, JParis said:

For me this is a rather simple program but if I have to reorder that .0669 drill...I have just gotten in the habit of noting the order and then moving it and manually realigning the ops order as I want it...

On more complex ones that might involve several rotations and different ops....I have taken to writing the order down..

uI32gQI.png

Screen shots is my process saves having to write stuff done. 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
39 minutes ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

Screen shots is my process saves having to write stuff done. 😉

I have a constant scratch pad(notebook) right beside my mouse pad...you'd be amazed at how many times I have to go back and review something that was discussed 6 months ago...

1 hour ago, pro grammer said:

LOL. Looks like another chronic complainer, eh?

Nope he is helping others not just complaining big difference and sad you can't see that because you're so caught hating the software you're not trying to be helpful to others only worrying about how bad you got it. Having been in death bed 5 times through out my life trust me as bad as you think you got it using Mastercam there are plenty of people who would be happy to even have a job. This is a forum to help others and we all have our complaints and make requests to CNC Software to get them addressed. However bogging this help board down with all of them would help no one and if I was a Mastercam dealer running this board and it turned into a how much Mastercam sucks Forum I would close it. Pick your battles, but he has been around for 20 years trying to help others you less than one year and have helped how many here?

My personal email and my Website are listed I am not hiding so feel free to contact me and see I am no one special just someone like you trying to do my job and feed my family. Oh and I used you, your and you're correctly. 🤣

• Like 3
3 hours ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

Nope he is helping others not just complaining big difference and sad you can't see that because you're so caught hating the software you're not trying to be helpful to others only worrying about how bad you got it. Having been in death bed 5 times through out my life trust me as bad as you think you got it using Mastercam there are plenty of people who would be happy to even have a job. This is a forum to help others and we all have our complaints and make requests to CNC Software to get them addressed. However bogging this help board down with all of them would help no one and if I was a Mastercam dealer running this board and it turned into a how much Mastercam sucks Forum I would close it. Pick your battles, but he has been around for 20 years trying to help others you less than one year and have helped how many here?

My personal email and my Website are listed I am not hiding so feel free to contact me and see I am no one special just someone like you trying to do my job and feed my family. Oh and I used you, your and you're correctly. 🤣

Oh c'mon 5axis. Do we really need to hear your survival stories again? Can I at least offer you a band aid? How many purple hearts do you have pinned to your forehead now? I am sure you can look back and see plenty of times I have helped people through their suffering.

5 hours ago, byte said:

Maybe you can start a club!

The forum is the club.

18 hours ago, pro grammer said:

Oh c'mon 5axis. Do we really need to hear your survival stories again? Can I at least offer you a band aid? How many purple hearts do you have pinned to your forehead now? I am sure you can look back and see plenty of times I have helped people through their suffering.

The forum is the club.

No. This forum is a clique. That is why so many leave.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, pro grammer said:

Sad to hear but I guess if I would hate it and bash it as much as you do then they would all stay? I know lets all try to put the people who run this board out of business and see how long the board stays around I think your own to something.

21 hours ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

Sad to hear but I guess if I would hate it and bash it as much as you do then they would all stay? I know lets all try to put the people who run this board out of business and see how long the board stays around I think your own to something.

Dude. When you bash the people that are just having problems with the software you have to expect that sort of thing. Having the same issues for years and years that never get resolved can lead anyone to frustration. Then they just keep adding more features on top of the bugs? It is like taking a dump in a toilet that you know won't flush. Not our fault. Stop blaming the users in the typical MC fashion. We are paying large sums of money for a product that is supposed to work. Do you have ANY idea what they mean by MAINTENANCE FEE? Yeah, it means we pay a lot for decent help (which we do not get from >>>MLC CAD<<<) and good patches.

Dude. When you bash the people that are just having problems with the software you have to expect that sort of thing. Having the same issues for years and years that never get resolved can lead anyone to frustration. Then they just keep adding more features on top of the bugs? It is like taking a dump in a toilet that you know won't flush. Not our fault. Stop blaming the users in the typical MC fashion. We are paying large sums of money for a product that is supposed to work. Do you have ANY idea what they mean by MAINTENANCE FEE? Yeah, it means we pay a lot for decent help (which we do not get from >>>MLC CAD<<<) and good patches.

Point taken and hopefully the issues your company is facing do finally get addressed. I pay maintenance so yes I get it. 

When you bash people trying to help others what does that accomplish? Making sure they use you, your and you're correctly? Yes a software not working correctly excuses that sorry you bought your way into the rudeness when your company paid maintenance. That is what I am referring to not your complaints so read my hundreds of them over the years, but ripping other people trying to help others is a lot of what our doing. Purple heart Hero that was meant in a positive of negative way?

If I am the problem with this board and your the answer then I will gladly bow out and let your style of helping others rule so more people will want to be part of this forum since I am the problem and your the answer.

Dude. When you bash the people that are just having problems with the software 

That's not what happens, people that are just having problems with the software get help. 

People like you who decide to go off and rage about an issue and proclaim that you're better than the developers get no help. 

See the difference?

Just look at your very own thread and replies.

This is why people here think you're a doosh

• Like 1
22 hours ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

Imo they are stand up guys and usually willing to help.

If people are sensitive that is their problem.

3 minutes ago, jeff said:

That's not what happens, people that are just having problems with the software get help. 

People like you who decide to go off and rage about an issue and proclaim that you're better than the developers get no help. 

See the difference?

Just look at your very own thread and replies.

This is why people here think you're a doosh

That one is my fav.