Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

N NUMBERS

I just downloaded the MPMaster post and I am wondering how you make the N numbers start in the hundreds and increase by 10 everytime the tool is used ( ex: n100 for first run and n110 the next time its called up)

You will have to construct your own logic in the post. Try searching the forum, there have been several examples of "custom" line numbers over the years.

Do you intend to have all lines numbered? That will eat up a lot of memory, especially with larger tool numbers.

35 minutes ago, nickbe10 said:

You will have to construct your own logic in the post. Try searching the forum, there have been several examples of "custom" line numbers over the years.

Do you intend to have all lines numbered? That will eat up a lot of memory, especially with larger tool numbers.

yeah i have that in my other post but when i try to put it in this one it doesnt like it.But Im probably putting it in the wrong place

# ----------------------------------------------------------
      # BEGIN Tool usage stuff

tused = flook(3,t$) #How many times has this tool# been used
      ##TEST FEATURE###if tused > 0,n$, "This tool has already been used ", *tused, " times", e$##TEST FEATURE###
      result = finc(3,t$) #Track tool usage('finc' updates to the lookup table)

nn = t$ * 100
       n$, *nn, e$
      # END Tool usage stuff
      # -----------------------------------------------------------

this is in my other post. Im trying to update our old post with this one since its more up to date. This is the only thing that I lack and this post will be pretty solid for us,

# ----------------------------------------------------------
      # BEGIN Tool usage stuff

tused = flook(3,t$) #How many times has this tool# been used
      ##TEST FEATURE###if tused > 0,n$, "This tool has already been used ", *tused, " times", e$##TEST FEATURE###
      result = finc(3,t$) #Track tool usage('finc' updates to the lookup table)

nn = t$ * 100
       n$, *nn, e$
      # END Tool usage stuff
      # -----------------------------------------------------------

sorry made it shareable

it does not work if I insert it where the other one is in my old post.

16 hours ago, Bama said:

it does not work if I insert it where the other one is in my old post.

You need to check which "base posts" you are using. the one that works and the one you are modifying. If they are the same it should be pretty straightforward.

If different maybe not so. Look at the Revision Log at the top of the post, if the initials are IHS then it is probably Mpmaster, if CNC then a CNC generic or machine OEM post (they do a bunch of Haas posts for instance).

You need to make sure all your custom variables are defined and initiated too.

Do you have the documentation? Would definitely make it easier for you as, it describes these things .

Search the post that works with your variables and functions and see what else has been added to make the statements go. 

Again, this isn't something I have dealt with because the standard output works fine for us, so I would urge you to search the forum. I have followed some of the threads and they are quite interesting, I didn't copy them ( I often do) coz its just not on the our radar .

2 hours ago, nickbe10 said:

You need to check which "base posts" you are using. the one that works and the one you are modifying. If they are the same it should be pretty straightforward.

If different maybe not so. Look at the Revision Log at the top of the post, if the initials are IHS then it is probably Mpmaster, if CNC then a CNC generic or machine OEM post (they do a bunch of Haas posts for instance).

You need to make sure all your custom variables are defined and initiated too.

Do you have the documentation? Would definitely make it easier for you as, it describes these things .

Search the post that works with your variables and functions and see what else has been added to make the statements go. 

Again, this isn't something I have dealt with because the standard output works fine for us, so I would urge you to search the forum. I have followed some of the threads and they are quite interesting, I didn't copy them ( I often do) coz its just not on the our radar .

Man i actually figured it all out and got everything i needed to get it done. I just had to figure out where everything went. But after I did that it works perfect now. Thanks for you help.

• Like 1