Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

issues

duckdogers

2 minutes ago, duckdogers said:

hi guys I,m trying to drive my cutter to the bottom of the green surface but it doesn't  seem to want to go I need as square a corner as I can get.I realize I wont be able to get right to bottom due to the twist in this fixture but I do need to get it close.Any ideas? Thanks

top plate.mcam

If you wanna get close to a surface use surface finish project and drive it off wireframe the shape of your toolpath, project doesn't beat around the bush.

I am not in front of my pc, in finish project parameters you need to set it to curves, 

Then in the toolpath/surface selection select your drive surfaces from the drive button.

Select your curves for the curves button.

The toolpath runs without compensation so you need to draw your geometry centerline.

I.E. if you are using a .250 diameter toolpath create your geometry .125 away from the wall.

You could use tranform -> offset -> chain to accomplish this.

34 minutes ago, mkd said:

'project' is the standard answer for 3 axis.

Yes, it is common, but not everyone knows it,

I only learned about it from this video ->

1 minute ago, ajmer said:

i think it is because e the curve you have picked is actually under your surface

it "works" for the contour but when you use a surface toolpath it stops when it cannot go past teh green surface

hope that makes sense

do mean there is an undercut that I haven't seen ?

3 minutes ago, duckdogers said:

I see it now did not know it was there ,using someone elses model.Another ?,if I offset that curve a little bit can I get it to work

If you make multiple offsets close together, you will see how close you can get.

1 minute ago, duckdogers said:

how do I stop it from starting to high up I just need a few passes near the bottom

Did you use surface rough project or finish project?

If you are using rough project, go to the rough project parameters page and select cut depths then select absolute and choose the minimum maximum depth as needed.

1 minute ago, AMCNitro said:

Flowline.  Just make the surface shorter or the endmill will hit the ends

using project I just cut the ends of the contour by half of the cutter or at least that's what I,m trying I,m still working on it but think I,m getting closer using the suggestions from here

• Like 1