Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Multiaxis crash

pro grammer

Pick 1 surface...success.

Pick 4 surfaces MC locks up completely

Try 4 surfaces again MC locks up completely.

Task Manager end process. 

Yup. Try something different. Rotary. Success. 

I can go into any MultiAxis toolpath and select 4 surfaces over and over without this problem. 

So without any more detail, there's not much we can help you with.

if its something you can repeat - and, importantly, if you really want to help us make the software better - send the steps (and a file if necessary) to the QC team.

• Like 7
5 hours ago, pro grammer said:

Pick 1 surface...success.

Pick 4 surfaces MC locks up completely

Yup. Try something different. Rotary. Success. 

Perhaps split your Operation into 2, and select 2 surfaces at a time... :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Newbeeee™ said:

Perhaps split your Operation into 2, and select 2 surfaces at a time... :rolleyes:

Or, a pseudo serious suggesting, redraw you gnarly imported surface into one purty mc surface

7 minutes ago, gcode said:

Pro grammer does not want help

He is a professional whiner and help would deprive him of his livelihood. :rolleyes:

That being said, he probably has some real issues that are outside of his control, mc has a few problems, and as each persons workflow is unique, each user has a different experience,

I have been testing mc2020 for a few months, I really like it, but..it won't stop crashing..

On the other hand my it has stonewalled me and will not put the updates, so, maybe its fixed already.. either way in some areas mc has improved but there definetly was a downhill trend from x9 until now, had I known then what I did now, I would have stuck to x9 until maybe 2021 version.

Mainly the UI, the trim function edits & the new drill dialog were imo a step backwards.

The drill dialog mainly because you cant view as many points at a time.

1 hour ago, #Rekd™ said:

Joanie Bonkers or his clone!

Not actually though, they would be able to tell, they are all high tech at ihs no doubt,

Maybe he will make his own blog..

at this rate..

On 5/21/2020 at 1:20 PM, civiceg said:

surface normal mismatched?

If that were the case why would it work for 1 op and not the other?

On 5/21/2020 at 1:19 PM, #Rekd™ said:

How about posting the problem file???

Some of use are not machining washers and dildos. Therefore, our files cannot be shared. 

On 5/21/2020 at 1:28 PM, Chris Lang In-House Solutions said:

What does the part look like?  What toolpath were you using?  With the Multi-Axis toolpaths you can usually cut the same part using 2 or 3 different toolpaths.  There is a lot of knowledge on this form usually providing a bit more information will get people to jump in and help you.  

The part is an impeller blade. Not a simple surface. The toolpath is stated in the post. Frequently actually. 

On 5/21/2020 at 2:20 PM, gcode said:

Pro grammer does not want help

He is a professional whiner and help would deprive him of his livelihood. :rolleyes:

Fortunately, MC gives me plenty of bugs to whine about. I would say it is job security.

On 5/21/2020 at 8:07 AM, jeff said:

Pick 4 surfaces for what?

It seems you just want to b!tch since you don't give any other info. Take that sh!t to Facebook.

ROFLMFAO!!! Be sure to put that in the MC brochure. The multi surface path can't do multisurfaces. WOW. What an F'in genius you are. 

7 minutes ago, pro grammer said:

ROFLMFAO!!! Be sure to put that in the MC brochure. The multi surface path can't do multisurfaces. WOW. What an F'in genius you are. 

Hey Einstein, I'm no genius, but I've never had an issue with the Multisurface tool path.

But again, you don't want help, you just want to b!tch. Even when CNC Software responds you reply to them like a complete a$$hole.

9 minutes ago, pro grammer said:

Fortunately, MC gives me plenty of bugs to whine about. I would say it is job security.

yOU need to stahp, laughed so hard I spilled water all over my gamer keyboard.

16 minutes ago, pro grammer said:

If that were the case why would it work for 1 op and not the other?

Is your other op using 4 surfaces as well? From what I got out of your first post was that anytime you have a Multi-axis op with more than one surface. Mastercam crashes.

1 hour ago, pro grammer said:
On 5/21/2020 at 2:19 PM, #Rekd™ said:

How about posting the problem file???

Some of use are not machining washers and dildos. Therefore, our files cannot be shared. 

Speaking of dildos....since you are talented and claim this happens often you should be able to create a file that you can share to demonstrate the problem,

51 minutes ago, #Rekd™ said:

Speaking of dildos....since you are talented and claim this happens often you should be able to create a file that you can share to demonstrate the problem,

What does it pay to create a demo for you? $60/hr?

1 hour ago, civiceg said:

Is your other op using 4 surfaces as well? From what I got out of your first post was that anytime you have a Multi-axis op with more than one surface. Mastercam crashes.

Yes. It uses the same 4 surfaces. Exact same surfaces.

52 minutes ago, content creator said:

He probably had his monitor off..

"The screen locked up!!!"

Yeah. That must be it. It could never be an MC problem, could it?

1 hour ago, jeff said:

But again, you don't want help, you just want to b!tch. Even when CNC Software responds you reply to them like a complete a$$hole.

I learned that from our reseller. And, just so you know, It must be cut in this fashion. The blade is .12" thick and must be whittled all the way down.