Sign in to follow this  
JB7280

Optirough turning a solid into hundreds of entities.

Recommended Posts

I'm trying to use optirough to rough a group of 5 parts (customer step file, worked fine in a different MC file) all 5 solids and the geometry page shows 105 entities.  21 faces per part, good. 

 

I change the tool path, and reselect the same solids, and get 1025 entities.  So i try one by one.  First solid shows as 941 or something, (regardless which of the 5 parts i pick first) and each subsequent solid shows more, equaling the 1025.  I close mastercam, re-open, oh good, its back to 105 entities.  So for s**ts and giggles, I try reselecting, and it's back to 1025!!!!  Anyone have any idea whats going on there??

 

*edit* - Forgot to mention, it kept asking if i want to change the color of the last processed surface, which I've never seen before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, JB7280 said:

I'm trying to use optirough to rough a group of 5 parts (customer step file, worked fine in a different MC file) all 5 solids and the geometry page shows 105 entities.  21 faces per part, good. 

 

I change the tool path, and reselect the same solids, and get 1025 entities.  So i try one by one.  First solid shows as 941 or something, (regardless which of the 5 parts i pick first) and each subsequent solid shows more, equaling the 1025.  I close mastercam, re-open, oh good, its back to 105 entities.  So for s**ts and giggles, I try reselecting, and it's back to 1025!!!!  Anyone have any idea whats going on there??

 

*edit* - Forgot to mention, it kept asking if i want to change the color of the last processed surface, which I've never seen before.

Maybe try compacting the database?

->file->repair file

You could import them into a new file.

Maybe there are duplicate solids?

If I have weird business going on with the solid usually I hit save some and put them in a new file.

 

Sometimes the operations files get corrupted you could try moving your defaults or ops file then let mastercam create a new one, sometimes that does the trick..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The message "Want to change color of last processed surface?" means that something went wrong in the creation of the triangles  from one surface.  I haven't encountered that message in some time.  I didn't think that message pops up on a solid, though, so maybe it is something else?  How does finish/parallel (or some other classic surface path) handle it?  If you are able to attach a part, I can take a closer look with the debugger.  Thanks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, megabyte said:

Maybe try compacting the database?

->file->repair file

You could import them into a new file.

Maybe there are duplicate solids?

If I have weird business going on with the solid usually I hit save some and put them in a new file.

 

Sometimes the operations files get corrupted you could try moving your defaults or ops file then let mastercam create a new one, sometimes that does the trick..

 

2 minutes ago, billb said:

The message "Want to change color of last processed surface?" means that something went wrong in the creation of the triangles  from one surface.  I haven't encountered that message in some time.  I didn't think that message pops up on a solid, though, so maybe it is something else?  How does finish/parallel (or some other classic surface path) handle it?  If you are able to attach a part, I can take a closer look with the debugger.  Thanks.

I just left the shop, so I'll check these things out on Tuesday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Join us!

eMastercam - your online source for all things Mastercam.

Together, we are the strongest Mastercam community on the web with over 56,000 members, and our online store offers a wide selection of training materials for all applications and skill levels.

Follow us