Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Different stock in Verify vs MachSim

JB7280

Can anyone tell me why it shows different stock for MachSim vs Verify?  I have tried reselecting it in the machsim parameters every way I can think of. 

If it helps any, the stock shown in verify (red) is the one it should be.  

The one in machsim (blue), I have no idea where it came from.  At no point has there been a solid that looked like that.  I'm using an STL generated from a previous simulation.

machsim.thumb.png.1236670fb5e36c7ba86757b914ea19d7.png

verify.thumb.png.c084e9fac14fe4fdb633027dde549cf5.png

On 5/26/2020 at 1:36 PM, JB7280 said:

Can anyone tell me why it shows different stock for MachSim vs Verify?  I have tried reselecting it in the machsim parameters every way I can think of. 

If it helps any, the stock shown in verify (red) is the one it should be.  

The one in machsim (blue), I have no idea where it came from.  At no point has there been a solid that looked like that.  I'm using an STL generated from a previous simulation.

machsim.thumb.png.1236670fb5e36c7ba86757b914ea19d7.png

verify.thumb.png.c084e9fac14fe4fdb633027dde549cf5.png

Is there an xml file for machine sim? 

I know in verify all the settings are stored in the simulatordefaults.xml file

Are you calling the STL in Machsim? Or in the Toolpath Manager?  I have had similar issues, but have found that if I call the STL in Toolpath Manager, then in the Machsim I tell it to use Mastercam defined stock, I think that is what has worked best for me.  Been a few weeks since I've had to do that, so I don't remember exactly what I did, but I think thats it.  Hope this helps.

Brent

1 hour ago, content creator said:

Is there an xml file for machine sim? 

I know in verify all the settings are stored in the simulatordefaults.xml file

Not sure, I've honestly never used machsim until this week when I tried to use it, but it keeps making weird alterations to the stock .stl.

Right now it's showing this as the stock.  Not sure where it's pulling that state from.  At no point is the part in that state.

IS.png.186f5e11d36e6b5574a5facc7ae44c90.png

It should look like this, but that only shows as the intial stock. 

SB.png.68b4fa990d8290a6979a5c556b94bd96.png

I can always use the regular verify, just wasn't sure why in the world it's doing this.

1 hour ago, BSmith23 said:

Are you calling the STL in Machsim? Or in the Toolpath Manager?  I have had similar issues, but have found that if I call the STL in Toolpath Manager, then in the Machsim I tell it to use Mastercam defined stock, I think that is what has worked best for me.  Been a few weeks since I've had to do that, so I don't remember exactly what I did, but I think thats it.  Hope this helps.

Brent

Unfortunately, same result, but thank you for the suggestion.

2 hours ago, civiceg said:

Create a Stock model from your STL. Then make the stock model be defined as your stock in the stock setup. Then when using machine sim use Mastercam's stock setup, which is your stock model. 

Same results.  I give up.  Back to the standard verify.