Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

What's New Mastercam 2021 videos

gcode

Could get the pb2021 installed too much red tape, I want the new version though.

I do a lot of router stuff so I am very interested in the contour ramp entry, since that will help optomize space in the Toolpath Nesting or Geometry Nesting.

The model prep looks cool as well, I like drawing complex solids and surfaces in Mastercam. It is very intuitive as a cad system. I am wondering if they plan to introduce "constraints" ?

Hey @gcode isn't the new chain editing kind of like that "graphical toolpath editing",

*wink*

Dude, 

it's so graphical, I'm tripping out!!!!

On 5/28/2020 at 7:39 PM, content creator said:

I am wondering if they plan to introduce "constraints" ?

Hopefully not. I like that you can create solids with any constraints currently. I realize for assemblies you would want constraints.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, #Rekd™ said:

Hopefully not. I like that you can create solids with any constraints currently. I realize for assemblies you would want constraints.

I saw they added the new Solid NoHistory mc2021

• gcode pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2020 at 10:54 AM, Chally72 said:

One of my favorite new toys in 2021..

This is a very good video, 

First of all thanks for sharing,

is this option available for both solid surfaces and surfaces? 

31 minutes ago, byte said:

This is a very good video, 

First of all thanks for sharing,

is this option available for both solid surfaces and surfaces? 

Hey Byte,

These interact only with Surfaces, so you'd have to make a Surface From Solid to then start playing with UV.

Remember too that with Reflow UV, you don't have to use all four boundary curves to reflow a surface. A common example might be using Flat Boundary to create a disk surface from a wireframe circle, and then discovering that the grid created using this method is just a square grid, which may be less than ideal. Using Reflow UV and selecting the same wireframe circle we used to create the surface will echo the circle across the disk to create a new UV grid:

2091877904_ReflowUV.thumb.jpg.396284cfaf17192470812a37e5708cc3.jpg

Ken Erman posted a few excellent little examples of this on the official Mastercam Forum as well to show some of the possibilities.

6 minutes ago, Chally72 said:

Hey Byte,

These interact only with Surfaces, so you'd have to make a Surface From Solid to then start playing with UV.

Remember too that with Reflow UV, you don't have to use all four boundary curves to reflow a surface. A common example might be using Flat Boundary to create a disk surface from a wireframe circle, and then discovering that the grid created using this method is just a square grid, which may be less than ideal. Using Reflow UV and selecting the same wireframe circle we used to create the surface will echo the circle across the disk to create a new UV grid:

6 minutes ago, Chally72 said:

Ken Erman posted a few excellent little examples of this on the official Mastercam Forum as well to show some of the possibilities.

Thanks Chally72.

I will be sure to check those out, very cool stuff !! I asked about the editing Solid Uv's because our programmers have been asking for years about that.