Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

What's New Mastercam 2021 videos

gcode

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, gcode said:

I wish I had seen this sooner

I did a job several months ago where this technic would have saved me a bunch of programming time and produced much cleaner code

I've been using the Additional Offset function on my solids, to quickly generate stock for Semi-Finishing, but I really like the option of offsetting surfaces. I did notice that the top of the stock "bubbles up above" the walls. This means we'd have to use Depth Limits to force the cuts to start lower, and to avoid unnecessary air cuts above the corners.

One way to avoid having to limit the depths, is to trim the surfaces to a plane, before creating the stock model. You can trim off the amount that you will be offsetting the stock, which puts the stock height at the top of the wall.

However, trimming the stock surfaces is a bunch of work, especially if you end up changing the stock offset amount in the Stock Model.

An easier way to handle this, if your walls are vertical, is to translate the corner surfaces "deeper in Z". This means some of your stock model is below the surfaces you are actually cutting. This is fine, if your surfaces actually "limit" the Toolpath fully, or when using a Containment Boundary, with the option set to 'Inside'.

You'll notice the surfaces they are using actually create stock "inside" the model as well. 

• 2 months later...

I have a question about Mastercam revisions.  It seems that each ear mastercam changes its revision and is updated with new features.  Does it cost each customer to update to the latest version?  I assume there is a yearly maintenance fee from mastercam to keep your seat, what is normally included?  I’m just curious as to the normal process how one updates to the latest version, and I assume the post needs to be updated based on the software version you are using? 

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2021 at 9:06 PM, CNC_Newbie said:

I have a question about Mastercam revisions.  It seems that each ear mastercam changes its revision and is updated with new features.  Does it cost each customer to update to the latest version?  I assume there is a yearly maintenance fee from mastercam to keep your seat, what is normally included?  I’m just curious as to the normal process how one updates to the latest version, and I assume the post needs to be updated based on the software version you are using? 

The Maintenance fee includes any new versions of Mastercam plus any updates.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2021 at 6:06 PM, CNC_Newbie said:

I assume there is a yearly maintenance fee from mastercam to keep your seat,

This is not correct.

What you have now is yours to use forever.

You can ( and should ) purchase maintenance and keep it current.

Maintenance is purchased on an annual basis and gives you the rights to use all updates released in the next 12 months.

For  example

My maintenance expires 8/31/21

I can run any version or update released between now and 08/31/21 forever

If I update and can run anything released up to 08/31/22

If I don't renew any version or update released after 08/31/21 will not run on my hasp

On 3/12/2021 at 9:06 PM, CNC_Newbie said:

I’m just curious as to the normal process how one updates to the latest version, and I assume the post needs to be updated based on the software version you are using? 

There is a chook included in Mastercam to update the post. Upgrading usually is no big deal..