Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to finish this

wojtek90

JP is correct. If you are trying to do this on a 3 Axis mill you will have to do multiple setups and it will take a long time.

You should set the part up in Mastercam and select the machine you are going to use so that everyone is not guessing on how you intend to do this. Then attach the Mastercam file.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, JParis said:

If as your comments suggest you're doing this in a live tooling lathe..

Applying the KISS theory....

This part can easily be done with some simple turning, contours & drilling

A live tool lathe for this would require many live holders. Plus a large y axis stroke to finish complete. Maybe you meant an Integrex style mill. 2 easy ops in a 4axis mill.

8 minutes ago, pro grammer said:

A live tool lathe for this would require many live holders. Plus a large y axis stroke to finish complete. Maybe you meant an Integrex style mill. 2 easy ops in a 4axis mill.

Not knowing his overall plan....I put that out there...

As I program several Intergex's, I typically, in my mind refer to them as live tooling lathes...though we do have a bout a dozen of those here as well..

Thank you guys.

But I have only in my disposal Haas VF 3 axis mill and will make 2 of those. We also have time to do it.

12 hours ago, #Rekd™ said:

JP is correct. If you are trying to do this on a 3 Axis mill you will have to do multiple setups and it will take a long time.

You should set the part up in Mastercam and select the machine you are going to use so that everyone is not guessing on how you intend to do this. Then attach the Mastercam file.

Thank you i will set part in Mastercam tommorow and post again.

Honestly doing this on your machine will be difficult to keep all the features aligned and the size of tools required vs the Haas VF3. I don't have the PDF print to see the tolerances so I am assuming some things. It will require at least 4 setups (again assuming as I don't know what tooling you have available).

I would do the bottom first and make the flats, the holes etc, the flats will be used to align the clevis side. Then stand it up and finish the clevis side. Then lay it on it's side and do the clevis bore, drill the hole and lettering. Then you will still have to engrave the degrees and since you have no rotary (I assume) this will not be great.

I would send these out to a better equipped shop to complete them in 1 or max 2 setups.

Part.JPG