Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

TLDR/dumbing everything down

MZA2492

Lately I’ve been lazy and been wanting to streamline everything I do, mainly working on prototype work of abrasive parts 

ive been saving my operations for families of common parts, tools database ,I even keep my tool list in a program under 8 tools, I’m my opinion, setting up a job with more than that takes some energy for me anyways and I want setups to be easy for the machinist 

I prefer to not load a multiple drills and just interpolate the holes with a small endmill. It is more time consuming but for quantities under 8 who cares. u get benefit of using cutter comp

i always use a ball endmill to do machine fillets and sometimes finish off the dimension on a countersink, the ball endmill always hits the target right the first time, whereas a countersink tool you gotta drop it down to get the right size if there’s a tolerance on the diameter, and also u gotta trust the operator that he or she loaded the correct angled tool.. I rather just dumb everything down

Any tips on how I can streamline more?

i do a lot of what you mentioned (tooling one offs so cycle time is a small part).

i have a grid system on the machine with vices to the side. knowing where all these are I can program g10 work offsets using manual input op within mastercam. no zero to set at the machine.

• Like 2