Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to flip part with stock

RyszardW

Hi guys, I'm a lathe guy, but I have also been programming mills for several months. I finish this part on one side and now I need to flip this part together with stock, and I don't know how to do that. I tried in different ways and nothing, I just got stuck. Does anyone have any suggestions?

image.thumb.png.c0a84d0735b1c1bc14411ce2e0e15f15.pngimage.png.ad6d2411946903d9d669a51b72fdaaf5.png

Here is the process I use to move stock from position to position....there may be other ways using other features...

I define OP1 stock....run verify creating an accurate verification, I then save the out of verify as an stl...

I import the stl onto its own level....I then copy to OP1 position solid to an adjacent level. turning off the OP1 solid and turning on the OP2 position solid.....

I will select the stl and the copied OP1 solid, then using Dynamic Transform, flip, rotate and point to a position on the OP2 solid for accurate positioning...

Once position properly, I "save as" the stl out to use as stock for OP2 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
On 5/31/2020 at 4:21 PM, jlw™ said:

I copy it and use planes to move stock models around a tombstone.  So that it's all associative and regens if I change something upstream.

and that is exactly why I don't want the associativity....

My HMC programs are mostly production type setups....anywhere from 4-100 parts per tombstone, hundreds of OP's and transform heavy.....

Last thing I want is a finicky Stock Model Op going dirty and causing constant regens on a file of that size...nevermind that it can't handle multiple models in multiple locations and that making a file any heavier with multiple stock models.....no thanks...

Really depends on what the end user is doing :) 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
On 6/2/2020 at 6:38 AM, JParis said:

and that is exactly why I don't want the associativity....

My HMC programs are mostly production type setups....anywhere from 4-100 parts per tombstone, hundreds of OP's and transform heavy.....

Last thing I want is a finicky Stock Model Op going dirty and causing constant regens on a file of that size...nevermind that it can't handle multiple models in multiple locations and that making a file any heavier with multiple stock models.....no thanks...

Really depends on what the end user is doing :) 

That's one thing I like about Mastercam... always at lest 69 ways to skin one cat.

• Like 1