Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Model Transparency

JB7280

Is there a way to make one solid transparent without using the Glass function? I want to make my stock transparent for the setup sheets, but everytime I use the glass function, my workspace gets weird.  It seems like it then wants to apply material surfacing to all solids.  And if I use the translucency function at the bottom right, it makes everything translucent, which I don't want.

The Materials toggle is an all-or-nothing toggle, so there's no way to turn Materials view on just for individual solids. The default glossy materials can get a little hard to look at depending on geometry, so sometimes I'll change them all to something like a dull plastic material so that I can still comfortable view them along with the things I need Glass materials applied to.

20 minutes ago, Chally72 said:

The Materials toggle is an all-or-nothing toggle, so there's no way to turn Materials view on just for individual solids. The default glossy materials can get a little hard to look at depending on geometry, so sometimes I'll change them all to something like a dull plastic material so that I can still comfortable view them along with the things I need Glass materials applied to.

That's what I've been doing.  Wasn't sure if there was another way.  Thanks!

• Like 1

Actually, I've been playing around with this lately for my electrode sheets.  Set your Glass setting, then click on a solid, then click the glass button, and it will only turn that solid transparent.  I've had some pretty good luck with this lately in 2019 with no issues.  I've even done different solids in the viewsheet with different glass levels.

Hope this helps.

Brent

• Like 1