Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2021 is released

gcode

16 hours ago, #Rekd™ said:

I downloaded and installed it without any issues. 

I did about 10 uninstall/installs during the beta cycle and never had a problems.

One thing that is new in recent years is after uninstalling Mastercam, you must delete the main install folder

or you will get an error when you reinstall

so after uninstalling a beta or production candidate make sure you delete this folder before installing the new release

"C:\Program Files\Mastercam 2021\Mastercam"

16 hours ago, pro grammer said:

I guess when they were testing this they didn't actually install it. Maybe they just checked the CD for scratches.

They don't use CD's anymore.

It's downloaded install files now.

If you have lame broadband they can become corrupted.

When they shipped MC2019, the install media was a tiny flash drive that folded into a  credit card looking piece of plastic

I never actually tried using  it, but it was pretty cool

• Like 1

Downloaded and installled without an issue. I took a chance and decided to use the Migration Wizard on this release. This was the 1st time that I have used it and it did only as I expected and only as I wanted. Saved me a couple hours worth of work. I will typically create new OPS defaults and machine and control deinitions each version. I don;t have that many so it's no biggie.

So far so good. I haven't tried any of the new features yet. Going to go through the What's New document this morning.

JM2CFWIW YMMV

:coffee:

• Like 2
3 hours ago, cncappsjames said:

So far so good. I haven't tried any of the new features yet. 

The new Chamfer Drill path is going to save me a ton of time. As well as the Advanced Drill path for when I need to deep hole drill.

I played around with the 3+2 auto roughing path a little today and my results weren't the greatest. Granted it's my first time messing with that toolpath though.

• Like 2

Downloaded and installed with no issues. They have not addressed the logged defect that keeps me from being able to actually use the software (stock models are all screwed up). Looks like I am stuck on 2019 still until the first patch comes out. 😥 It's a shame as I really want to be able to use all the new stuff from 2020 and now 2021.

25 minutes ago, Corey Hampshire said:

Downloaded and installed with no issues. They have not addressed the logged defect that keeps me from being able to actually use the software (stock models are all screwed up). Looks like I am stuck on 2019 still until the first patch comes out. 😥 It's a shame as I really want to be able to use all the new stuff from 2020 and now 2021.

What's wrong with the stock models?

32 minutes ago, Corey Hampshire said:

What issue? I've had zero problems with Stock Model and I use it pretty much daily.

Reko, 

I don't know for sure what the issue is, but when I try and make one in 2020 or 2021, it's like it doesn't respect the planes when using 3+1. I did this crank in 2019 no problems. I opened the file in 2020 or 2021 and just regen the stock model. This is what it gives me for a stock model. I went through my reseller (who is amazing and told me he has other customers with this same issue) they got a hold of CNC software. CNC logged it as a defect D-39190 as they were able to replicate it. I waited for all the maintenance updates for 2020 and it was not fixed. They released 2021 and still not fixed. I'm pretty bummed....

Stock Model.png

23 hours ago, gcode said:

They don't use CD's anymore.

It's downloaded install files now.

If you have lame broadband they can become corrupted.

When they shipped MC2019, the install media was a tiny flash drive that folded into a  credit card looking piece of plastic

I never actually tried using  it, but it was pretty cool

I suppose it would be too big for a cd now. I don't even have a cd on my pc. Downloading corrupt files is definitely the way to go.

1 hour ago, pro grammer said:

I suppose it would be too big for a cd now.

The stand alone Mastercam install is about 1.6 gig

The full USB install that includes Mastercam, Mastercam for Solidworks and all the translators and utilities is 3 gig

4 hours ago, Corey Hampshire said:

Reko, 

I don't know for sure what the issue is, but when I try and make one in 2020 or 2021, it's like it doesn't respect the planes when using 3+1. I did this crank in 2019 no problems. I opened the file in 2020 or 2021 and just regen the stock model. This is what it gives me for a stock model. I went through my reseller (who is amazing and told me he has other customers with this same issue) they got a hold of CNC software. CNC logged it as a defect D-39190 as they were able to replicate it. I waited for all the maintenance updates for 2020 and it was not fixed. They released 2021 and still not fixed. I'm pretty bummed....

Can you post a file?

I mean, I'm sure if it's logged as a problem, it's legit... but I wouldn't mind messing with it for reference.

I use stock models... sometimes a dozen or more in a file... and I never have issues.

I'm like to see what's happening there.

13 minutes ago, MIL-TFP-41 said:

woot woot! used for 3 whole hours before logging my first defect!

Staying with 2020, this one is going to be unusable till it gets fixed.

What issue did you find?

20 minutes ago, Reko said:

Can you post a file?

I mean, I'm sure if it's logged as a problem, it's legit... but I wouldn't mind messing with it for reference.

I use stock models... sometimes a dozen or more in a file... and I never have issues.

I'm like to see what's happening there.

What issue did you find?

I will get something worked up. Thanks for your interest. I will create another topic also to not deter from this one. I would really like to get this put behind me and be able to move to 2021. Lots of changes that we are missing out on.

• Like 2

Corey, I know you posted in the official forum on this one too. I don't have access to that Defect report, but I believe this one is related to stock models and Rotary Axis positioning and the transforms going on in the background. There's no good workaround if you have to use that rotary axis switch right now.

Did your reseller provide any more information on the specifics to you, or would you like me to try and dig that up?

13 minutes ago, Reko said:

What issue did you find?

Verifying classic 5 axis toolpaths (like curve) is fuxxord. The tool may be way out in space. Holder may be somewhere in the middle of your part. by the time you are done verifying the holder has wiped the part completely out. Backplot looks fine however.

• Like 1