Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2021 is released

gcode

1 minute ago, gcode said:

what if you used very large retract distances when moving from tool path to tool path

If I understand this issue correctly, it's not the normal operation/plane transition motion case that is causing these cuts. As mentioned, this behavior change appeared starting in 2020.

On 6/4/2020 at 4:32 AM, pro grammer said:

MASTERCAM V9.2  I'm pretty sure that was the last working version.

man I sure wouldn't admit that in public..

that means your programming skills and your work are nearly 2 decades out of date... not a good place to be in this dog eat dog profession

your resume wouldn't get past the receptionists at this company

It for sure wouldn't make it to my desk

• Like 1
Just now, gcode said:

man I sure wouldn't admit that in public..

that means your programming skills and your work are nearly 2 decades out of date... not a good place to be in this dog eat dog profession

your resume wouldn't get past the receptionists at this company

It for sure wouldn't make it to my desk

What's funny is one of my customers has his own mold shop and still uses v9.2 for everything.

Unfortunately I have to keep up with the Boneses.

Downloaded and installed, figured I'd bite the bullet and learn the new interface.  Turns out access keys don't work at all now.  I have to click with the mouse four times before I can browse for a file to open (File, Open, Computer, Browse).  In X9 I can hit <Alt> <F>ile <O>pen in 1/4 second to get there.  This is going to be painful.

11 minutes ago, Matthew Hajicek™ - Conventus said:

I have to click with the mouse four times before I can browse for a file to open (File, Open, Computer, Browse). 

Add the Files icon to your Quick Access toolbar... then it's one click, just like the good old days

I absolutely despise the MS file menus.. I grind my teeth in frustrations every time I have to use an MS product

and I don't like them any better in Mastercam.. fortunately the QA toolbar gives us a workaround

QAT.jpg

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, gcode said:

Add the File icon to your Quick Access toolbar... then it's one click, just like the good old days

Am I going to have to do that with every function I ever want to access quickly?  And no, it's not like in the old days, it's much slower to move the mouse cursor and click on an icon than to quickly tap a couple keys.  Looks like this one has a default hotkey assigned, that'll help with this specific case, but I imagine overall most functions will be significantly slower to access.

Sorry if I'm coming across as bitchy, I just find this really painful.

1 hour ago, Matthew Hajicek™ - Conventus said:

Am I going to have to do that with every function I ever want to access quickly?  

yes.. most of them are much easier to add though

just right click the icon in the toolbar and choose "add to QA"

I feel your pain.. nothing is as fast as 20 years of muscle memory

and nothing is more frustrating than slapping your hot keys and they don't work

6 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

We do see all the people he is helping with his vast knowledge of the software so there is that going for him as well. 😗🤔

Hi crazy^millman!! :thumbup:

2 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

I gave it more than 24 hours and no one had responded to the 3D chamfer so he got a different way to do it. Have a good day.

You too.. 

My biggest complaint with 2021 so far is not being able to de-select solid faces in legacy surface contour.  Major frustration. 

Other than that I've been pretty happy.

This has been the first release that I've been able to use the surface high speed path and duplicate the results of the legacy path. 

Three thumbs up