Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2021 is released

gcode

On 6/9/2020 at 11:43 AM, Pete Rimkus from CNC Software Inc. said:

"...not being able to de-select solid faces in legacy surface contour...."

What happens when you try? It looks OK from this end.

I can select and de-select faces ... I can select a body and de-select some of the faces ....

Can you send a part and the all-important "steps to reproduce"?

I've posted about this on the official forum.   I was told that this was already logged so it's a known about issue? 

I haven't tried on a new part. The issues seem to be on parts that I've brought up from previous versions.

QC asked me to send in a file but I couldn't send the part that I was working on at the time.

To sum up the issue, I couldn't deselect any surfaces unless I re-selected them first. 

On 6/3/2020 at 9:34 AM, #Rekd™ said:

What CAM software do you actually want to use instead of Mastercam since you obviously don't like using Mastercam.

Tebis is the bees knees. Really loved Powermill for the 6 years I used it as well, but that was prior to autodesk. 

Is anyone having issues now regenerating files? I have some pretty large, multiple op 200-300 toolpath files that obviously whenever I make a change, half the file goes dirty and it takes about 30-45minutes to regen, but I keep getting hung up on simple things I wasn't in 2020. Trying to narrow it down, but it seems like holder collision avoidance is one of the issues. 

57 minutes ago, jwvt88 said:

Is anyone having issues now regenerating files? I have some pretty large, multiple op 200-300 toolpath files that obviously whenever I make a change, half the file goes dirty and it takes about 30-45minutes to regen, but I keep getting hung up on simple things I wasn't in 2020. Trying to narrow it down, but it seems like holder collision avoidance is one of the issues. 

I just tested a 2020 file that took 2 hours to regenerate in 2021 in took 55 minutes. Using Holder collision on many operations and no hanging.

1 hour ago, jwvt88 said:

Are your holders very complex, I saw on another topic CNC said the amount of segments on the holder makes a big difference in generation times

I am downloading it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the first time in a while that I haven't used migration. I used to set up everything manually every new version.  The between X9 and 2019 I used migration and it worked pretty flawless for me.  For 2021 I decided to do a clean install and set up by hand.  After having not done it in a while, it took a bit.  :D   Forgetting where things are, things getting moved, new options.  

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious If the backplot issue in 2020 got fixed in 2021. We had to stick with 2019 because if I put a 3d finish program on my screen in backplot, it bogged the entire system down and nothing would move or respond: worked with my reseller on the issue, and even got a monster, gaming computer with the top graphics card, and nothing helped. 2019 isn't great, but it's better than 2020. I heard, maybe, they were going to fix it in 2021.