Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2020 VERIFY CRASH

motor-vater

I know I've seen discussions but couldn't find what I needed. One of the programmers when verifying some rotary moves has the tool dive to the center and crash. But its not in the code and when I open his program on my system it Simulates with out incident. So I am thinking it something in a setting somewhere but really just need a nudge in the right direction here. Thanks

1 minute ago, So not a Guru said:

I'm not sure of this, but I seem to remember that selecting 5-axis for the Simulation engine fixes this.

5x.PNG

I was thinking that also, but I wasn't sure.. 

21 minutes ago, Aaron Eberhard - CNC Software said:

I believe his machine/control is set to do dog-leg rapid moves..  Change this from "Each axis moves at max feed" "All axis arrive simultaneously."

image.png.4c93419104c559e093d4fcd2e1aa0fed.png

That will cause different rapid behavior in verify & mach sim.

Our post has a Misc value -> Transition Retr[0=#MCSZ,1=#MCSXYZ,2=No]

When it is set to 0 the machine does a simultaneous translation of all three axes at once from #MCS Z0.  to the rapid point it looks scary..

It usually happens cuz the Automatically set to post values when posting isn't checked on the misc values page..

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Chally72 said:

A little late to this thread, but 2020 Update 2 has a fix for issues with an added Verify/Simulation tool diving to center move at the end of a toolpath, which it sounds like is the issue here.

It's not fixed in 2021....I reported it to my reseller and he sent it up to you guys. This happens in both verify and simulator. All I did was bring in a 2019 file, regen it in 2021 and this is the results.

https://youtu.be/9w8_KE50H-4

Hey Corey, that crank program (and also the stock model issues related to it) is a file that I've actually looked at and is a separate issue (with a separate Defect #) unrelated to the fix I'm speaking of here in Update 2. For reference, this is another thread with example on the specific move that Update 2 fixes:

46 minutes ago, Chally72 said:

Hey Corey, that crank program (and also the stock model issues related to it) is a file that I've actually looked at and is a separate issue (with a separate Defect #) unrelated to the fix I'm speaking of here in Update 2. For reference, this is another thread with example on the specific move that Update 2 fixes:

Thank you for the update. If you need anything on either of those issues, feel free to message me. I would like to get things worked out.

• Like 1