Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MC 2021 Won't run Verify

Rstewart

Started using 2021 on Friday, but didn't toolpath anything till this morning.  

4 simple toolpaths, click verify, get an Error box that sates: An unknown Error has occurred.

Really could use some help, or I'm gonna have to switch back to 2020.

I restarted MC, about to restart the computer.

Error on Verify.JPG

Just now, Rstewart said:

Latest drivers , no luck.  

Going to do a fresh install next

Try swapping out you .config file for the default first.

assuming you made a copy..

I saw this all the time in 2020 and QC could never duplicate. I haven't done enough in 2021 to make a call yet. I had to shut down Mastercam every time it happened to Verify. I have external CAV so have pretty much quit using the Mastercam Verify and been using the External Verification.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Back at it again,

Same error, verify won't even open on a wireframe contour path.

Is there something wrong with my rig?!?!?  I walked through this w CNC on the phone a week ago.

Stock models aren't working correctly either

Quadro P3000 with the latest drivers.

10 minutes ago, gcode said:

If this is a laptop, make sure the quadro card is really running

Many laptops run an on board video card and a quadro, with the on board card the default to save battery power

Hey, G

Yeah, I set the default to use the Quadro. I added MC 2021 to use the Quadro as well....

7 minutes ago, Rstewart said:

Hey, G

Yeah, I set the default to use the Quadro. I added MC 2021 to use the Quadro as well....

Check the power settings as well. If its set to a power conservation plan, your laptop is running at half throttle even when its plugged in

1 hour ago, Rstewart said:

Maxed out all the timers on the power management and we're working again.  If it continues throughout the day I'll call it a success.

Thanks G

The power settings can affect even desktop machines.

On this overclocked machine setting the power plan to Balanced cuts regen times in half

I have mine set to high performance and I leave it there

power plan.jpg

Are you using the same file or creating a new file and trying? I had this problem earlier today and created a new toolpath group, dragged the toolpaths into it, then all of my toolpaths would verify, and I could create stock models. previously it would crash almost every time I tried. 

Was on the phone w/ CNC for about 30 min going over everything.  He had near the exact same vid card as I have. We went over every setting and verified all of them.

Still Doesn't work - New file, old file, doesn't change, just an unexpected error has occurred.