Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Just started verdict. How to move stock?

lowcountrycamo

2 hours ago, lowcountrycamo said:

sorry, I typed this from my I phone and it must have changed Vericut to Verdict.  The interface is McamV  or mastercam to Vericut interface.

The interface doesn't control this the way I can get comfortable with. I find it easier to control this in the Vericut session. As your cut stock is moved you need to use your CSYS to locate it from setup to setup. In the interface where you have your attach that control how the models and everything comes into Vericut using the interface. I normally set all the Stock CSYS to top and not the Attach. The thing to remember is using the Translate and Rotations for the cut stock as it carries over from setup to setup. You will not see the cut stock in the next setup until the first setup is completed. Then and only then can to make sure it is doing what you want. I will normally attach a locate shape the 1st time around to the stock if there is nothing to in the stock to help me. A ring shape is what I have found is the best way to go about it. Locate it in a good reference place from Zero that once you start going through your setup will be easy to use the X-Caliper to measure to and from. Don't forget you can use a CSYS as your to or from in X-Caliper to help locate exactly where you want. The other option is VCT files and if you can use them from previous operations just make sure on large files to not save with features as they bog Vericut down to a crawl. 

Reach out to CGTech Support and they can do a gotoasssist with you and help walk you through the process.