Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2021 Chaining Defaults

Reko

So, I noticed in Mcam 2021, when I change my chaining to "partial" for example... the next time I use chaining, it is still in "partial."

Same thing if I use "Plane." It defaults to the last way I used it.

I would rather it just defaulted to 3D every time, like it always has, instead of defaulting to the last way I chained something.

I looked, but I can't find a setting for the way chaining defaults.

Am I stuck with this change or can someone point me to a setting to control this?

Thanks!!!!

They finally changed the process to what I used as the default for years which was last. Now you don't have a way to change it back to not use last in the configuration settings like they had in previous versions. Makes some fo us happy they finally went in this direction and now others want it like it was. Why software development is so hard. 

• Like 1

"...Makes some for us happy they finally went in this direction and now others want it like it was..."

I have to laugh since we just came to the same conclusion in the last couple minutes when I talked to the developer!

There is no way to override the new behavior, but we'll consider it ... Reko - thanks for posting.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Pete Rimkus from CNC Software Inc. said:

"...Makes some for us happy they finally went in this direction and now others want it like it was..."

I have to laugh since we just came to the same conclusion in the last couple minutes when I talked to the developer!

There is no way to override the new behavior, but we'll consider it ... Reko - thanks for posting.

I understand the System Configuration settings would get quite expansive if you made everything optional.

I guess it's just another thing to get used to... not that big of a deal.

Thanks for the reply Pete!

On 6/12/2020 at 8:19 AM, Reko said:

I understand the System Configuration settings would get quite expansive if you made everything optional.

I guess it's just another thing to get used to... not that big of a deal.

Thanks for the reply Pete!

That is the funny part is was an option until 2021 and it was removed. Like I said it was the opposite way for years and we could change it. Now we cannot.

From 2020:

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

That is the funny part is was an option until 2021 and it was removed. Like I said it was the opposite way for years and we could change it. Now we cannot.

I never even noticed it there before... just went with the defaults.

Who knows, maybe I'll like it better this way.

18 minutes ago, Reko said:

I had never noticed it there before. I have wished it was turned on though. Just toggled it on in 2019 and will give it a try. I learned something today! It's a good day! Thanks guys!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Reko said:

Well I am one that didn't like the other way all the time, but there were times when I did so I would switch back and forth and tried that in 2021 and complained to QC when it wasn't an option anymore. I for one would like it back since I did switch between them.

JM2C on it.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

Well I am one that didn't like the other way all the time, but there were times when I did so I would switch back and forth and tried that in 2021 and complained to QC when it wasn't an option anymore. I for one would like it back since I did switch between them.

JM2C on it.

I'm pretty flexible. 

If I had my rathers, I'd probably stick with the old way... but only because it is ingrained in my head and muscle memory.

My favorite way of chaining is Cplane and full chain... even when there is a partial chain needed... partial still works because after my first click on full chain, and it goes all the way around... I can click a second time on the final entity and it terminates there.

So... having said that... I have a feeling once I get used to it, I'll be just as happy with it set to last.

Keep the changes coming, I say... I'll adapt and maybe even be the better for it!

22 minutes ago, JParis said:

THis one alone might drive me back to 2020...what a PITA

My settings for as long as I can remember...first thing I've done in 2020 and it has me bumbling along based on this one thing

cw638ca.png

Like I said I switched between both modes before and now we are stuck with last used as the default. I was wanting to not default to last on Friday and Saturday and dealt with it. Not a show stopper since I for the most part have used last for a majority of the time.

23 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

Like I said I switched between both modes before and now we are stuck with last used as the default. I was wanting to not default to last on Friday and Saturday and dealt with it. Not a show stopper since I for the most part have used last for a majority of the time.

Maybe they will fix it in the next update? 

17 minutes ago, baby byte said:

Maybe they will fix it in the next update? 

Enough people bring it to their attention and they just might add the ability back. This is not the official forum so we can raise all kinds of upheaval about ithere, but not much the dealer can do to make the change. Get a topic going on the official forum and might get some traction.

1 minute ago, crazy^millman said:

Enough people bring it to their attention and they just might add the ability back. This is not the official forum so we can raise all kinds of upheaval about here, but not much the dealer can do to make the change. Get a topic going on the official forum and might get some traction.

True, we should do that topic and all put a +1.

Tbh I use the chain manager very rarely, but extra mouse clicks are lost money, for example that auto regen chook by gunther is really great, I would love to see great ideas like that incorporated into mc.

12 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

I'm still fumbling with the boneheaded change to Trim/Divide....

I wonder if I can charge them(CNC) for all the time lost....

• Like 1
16 hours ago, byte me said:

True, we should do that topic and all put a +1.

Tbh I use the chain manager very rarely, but extra mouse clicks are lost money, for example that auto regen chook by gunther is really great, I would love to see great ideas like that incorporated into mc.

What's the auto regen chook? Can you briefly describe it and how it helps?

Also, can you point me to it? I don't see it in the standard chooks.

Thanks.

19 minutes ago, Reko said:

What's the auto regen chook? Can you briefly describe it and how it helps?

Also, can you point me to it? I don't see it in the standard chooks.

Thanks.

⁸when you exit the parameters it regens the operation, i'ts great!

5 hours ago, JParis said:

I'm still fumbling with the boneheaded change to Trim/Divide....

yup.. all time worst "upgrade" ever..

I have Trim and Extend ported to Left Scroll Wheel and Right Scroll Wheel on my mouse, which helps a lot, but

I still grind my teeth every time I use Trim or Extend

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, gcode said:

yup.. all time worst "upgrade" ever..

I have Trim and Extend ported to Left Scroll Wheel and Right Scroll Wheel on my mouse, which helps a lot, but

I still grind my teeth every time I use  Trim or Extend

Ditto, that's the worst.