Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hi speed tool path 2018 mcam

progaseng

15 minutes ago, progaseng said:

They actually both programmed it and sent to the machine , it’s an open pocket 1” wide using 3/8 endmill I just wanna cut the slot . I know I can do easily enough with a regular open pocket , but I wanted to try the hi speed . 

We'd have to see the cad file and how they programmed it. Assuming they programmed it correctly then maybe it's a posting error that isn't compatible with your control?

On line 1060 it errored out this tool path was a peel mill from both sides with a broken arc in centre . We also tried a dynamic mill and same results errored out . I called haas they tried to help and helped me do a program with same result it errored out 

3FEB25F7-854D-4288-AFB8-1750B5AE82D7.jpeg

Where it errored out 

9D1D6282-93B6-41D5-A3C4-6E8937607068.jpeg

7 hours ago, progaseng said:

ps I honestly thought there would be more help on this forum 

PPS... I think most people honestly thought you would provide a mastercam file to look at to be more help on this forum...

not to dis-credit the wealth of information you have provided by way of sideways pictures or anything.... just saying...

• Like 1
8 hours ago, progaseng said:

I think it’s in the null modem cable or USB adapter as what I post isn’t what happens at machine , I sent the nc files to haas they ran with no issues ps I honestly thought there would be more help on this forum 

Are you saying that the gcode you generate using Mastercam is being change to different gcode when you load it into the machine? I'm pretty sure that is nearly impossible.

You could try checking the "Present arcs as line segments" box, in your filtering settings. That would eliminate the "Invalid I, J" error.

8 hours ago, progaseng said:

I think it’s in the null modem cable or USB adapter as what I post isn’t what happens at machine , I sent the nc files to haas they ran with no issues ps I honestly thought there would be more help on this forum 

Share a Mastercam file, prove you're a legit customer and you'll get more help than you want.  We see a lot of :pirate: around these parts.

18 hours ago, zachlancy said:

Try giving it a bit of filtering and see if it resolves the broken arc.

This is from just a regular dynamic mill but the same settings should be fine.

Capture.PNG

Rotate your picture 90 deg CCW so he can understand what it is.  

/s

23 minutes ago, progaseng said:

It was the adapter cord USB to 9 pin problem solved thx 

So no amount and I quote:

ps I honestly thought there would be more help on this forum

would have really helped you solve this issue. 😉

We all have bad days so glad you got your issues solved, but somethings just need good old fashion figuring out. 🤔

Welcome to the Emastercam forum and hope to see you around. 😀

• Like 1
12 hours ago, progaseng said:

I honestly thought there would be more help on this forum 

You're joking, right? 

How are we supposed to help when you barely give us information to even fathom a guess to your problem THEN post a bunch of pictures that are rotated sideways, and don't even post your cad file as requested so we can look at it.

Complain that there isn't help, when the problem ended up being your frickin cable.