Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

lines getting trimmed issue

CEMENTHEAD

One of my team has had his lines/arcs somehow getting trimmed/shortened, can't figure out how. He had all the closed pockets in the image below chained and pocketed out. when he reopened the file today the toolpaths were still there but the lines were trimmed. (  no red x ), after regen they regen to the broken chains shown below. another on my team also said it happened to him before more than once. I can't duplicate it. We are 2020 MR0.   Scratching my skull atm...  ( all the chains below were closed )

Untitled.thumb.png.e96fe53558e3587cea4babb646fc42b9.png

19 hours ago, JParis said:

is he dragging his cursor?  New ability in 2021

2020  not dragging.

on open the toolpath backplots fine (no red x's) even tho the lines are broken.

after regen,  toolpaths are broken/open contours. ( no edits made to any geom. only regen toolpath after open)   

I'm waiting for it to happen again and I'll post the file here. 

12 hours ago, CEMENTHEAD said:

2020  not dragging.

on open the toolpath backplots fine (no red x's) even tho the lines are broken.

after regen,  toolpaths are broken/open contours. ( no edits made to any geom. only regen toolpath after open)   

I'm waiting for it to happen again and I'll post the file here. 

I've seen this.  I've also had it flip-flop from left to right.  I very very seldom run comp right so it's not something I'm missing and only happens on regen.  I never think about saving it to send it and I haven't been able to screen capture it yet either.

I'm also seeing a few other odd things but I believe them to be Winblows related.

On 6/17/2020 at 3:01 PM, CEMENTHEAD said:

One of my team has had his lines/arcs somehow getting trimmed/shortened, can't figure out how. He had all the closed pockets in the image below chained and pocketed out. when he reopened the file today the toolpaths were still there but the lines were trimmed. (  no red x ), after regen they regen to the broken chains shown below. another on my team also said it happened to him before more than once. I can't duplicate it. We are 2020 MR0.   Scratching my skull atm...  ( all the chains below were closed )

Untitled.thumb.png.e96fe53558e3587cea4babb646fc42b9.png

I see this all the time, we use a lot of toolpath nesting which very often results in missing portions of a closed chain. 

Sometimes when I check into the part file the chains are missing/broken!

A good way to check if your file is okay is to reload it once after you save, sometimes the clean operation will be dirty and missing geometry/corrupted.

Splines are a good way to mitigate this or at least prevent mastercam from posting partial chains where the lead in goes into your part scrapping it..

• 2 weeks later...