Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Productivity Probing issue - (REN25.INCORRECT*CALIBRATION*DATA)

Hello,

Today I tested a Productivity plus on an Okuma. 

At the beginning, I called the probe and using a calibration cycle (which only use reference surface)

image.png.fb44e00e71f3d6329e8e0fb5759ad195.png

Anh this only calibrate the probe length.

image.png.ba725eed4fdeb10a2ee83016465ebc43.png

The program running ok and I noticed the probe length was updated on the machine.

But when I made an 3-point inspection probing cycle operation for getting Z value of the zero plane, I got this error message from the machine control  "REN25.INCORRECT*CALIBRATION*DATA". (Although I already done the probe length calibration) 

image.png.c9bbcae8246fe89ec90500da58ceba22.png

Can you help me to figure out what is the issue here? I think this is a "Z" probing operation so I just performed the calibration in Z. No XY calibration.

Do we need to calibrate XY also before we can call any inspection probing.

Thank you

36 minutes ago, GiangTheTool said:

Do we need to calibrate XY also before we can call any inspection probing.

Have you been in touch with Renishaw or your reseller?

This isn't plug and play on Haas and Fanuc which it was designed around originally.

5 hours ago, nickbe10 said:

Have you been in touch with Renishaw or your reseller?

This isn't plug and play on Haas and Fanuc which it was designed around originally.

I have not, sometime it takes long to get response. I hope you had some experience with this issue.

2 hours ago, Leon82 said:

Did you run the vector calibration?

Sometimes there are 2 or 3 calibration cycles

image.png.ba725eed4fdeb10a2ee83016465ebc43.png

I just only run this cycle (length calibration cycle)

3 hours ago, GiangTheTool said:

I hope you had some experience with this issue.

Not with Okuma.      

Haas Fanuc and Mitsubishi but ended up booking extended training.

We are post and go here so I wanted specific control with comments etc...still lots to do to get 100% good output as it depends to some extent how your machine was set up.

It is not unlike "post editing" for complexity. With all the bells and whistles that come standard on every Okuma, I wouldn't be surprised if the set up for these machines is more challenging, probably excellent functionality once you get it figured out...

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, Leon82 said:

Did you run the vector calibration?

Sometimes there are 2 or 3 calibration cycles

12 hours ago, YoDoug® said:

You will need to do XY calibration as well. The macros check to see that there is calibration data. Even in a Z axis probe cycle they use the calibration for positioning adjustment for probe tip runout. 

Today tried again. I run the XY calibration, and the other inspection cycles works as expected, no error anymore 😍 

You are correct, the macro need some variable for checking defined probe radius, which is get after XY calibration cycle.

• Like 1