Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Where do I start?

I'm looking to dive deeper into Mastercam. 

Specifically Automatic Toolpathing, custom setup sheets, and Post Processor editing,

Where do I start?

What prerequisites are there?

What programs do I need to view and edit the file types involved?

I've been a CNC programmer and operator for close to 20 years but have only been using Mastercam for about 2 years and am itching to learn more...

2 minutes ago, Steelab said:

I'm looking to dive deeper into Mastercam. 

Specifically Automatic Toolpathing, custom setup sheets, and Post Processor editing,

Where do I start?

What prerequisites are there?

What programs do I need to view and edit the file types involved?

I've been a CNC programmer and operator for close to 20 years but have only been using Mastercam for about 2 years and am itching to learn more...

You can request the post docs from your reseller. Mastercam code expert has intellisense for writing post code I've heard.

The atp module, it may or may not be useful depending on the compexity of your part, what you are trying to do.

There is also fbm mill for automatic toolpath assignment.

Setup sheets there is a seperate editor application for building active reports in the mastercam folder.

Oh yeah there is the free mpmaster post that is editable, that is the suggested way to start learning posts.

27 minutes ago, byte me te smart doomb troll said:

You can request the post docs from your reseller. Mastercam code expert has intellisense for writing post code I've heard.

The atp module, it may or may not be useful depending on the compexity of your part, what you are trying to do.

There is also fbm mill for automatic toolpath assignment.

Setup sheets there is a seperate editor application for building active reports in the mastercam folder.

Oh yeah there is the free mpmaster post that is editable, that is the suggested way to start learning posts.

Regarding ATP I'm trying to get set up to generate toolpaths for our Router using ATP. I've run into a wall when it comes to the necessary XML files , I tried to follow some tutorials but I always get errors...

14 minutes ago, Steelab said:

Regarding ATP I'm trying to get set up to generate toolpaths for our Router using ATP. I've run into a wall when it comes to the necessary XML files , I tried to follow some tutorials but I always get errors...

I haven't used atp, I use the api for toolpathing, if you repost this on Mastercam.com forum or under the vbscript nethook developper section on this site someone from Cnc software will be able to answer your questions.

1 hour ago, Steelab said:

Post Processor editing,

Look out for Post Processer editing classes through emastercam.

Colin Gilchrist runs these and is a frequent forum contributor and usually gives a heads up on the forum when one is planned.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Steelab said:

I found this video online.

As far as custom set-up sheets, one of our former programmers used the Active Reports Tutorial from Mastercam.com and made a pretty decent report that we still use today.  I have had to tweak it on occasion, mainly after upgrading to next version, because sometimes Mastercam will change an XML tag.  But it's not too bad to go through.  That's what I used to figure out where to tweak and edit it to get what I want.

Brent

• Thanks 1