Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Weird camplete issue

Coworker makes a drill path to chamfer a hole with a ball endmill.

Mastercam looks good, verify backplot, tool lines in screen.

In camplete it plunges into the hole too far by the amount of the ball radius. Adding it to the depth in Mastercam actually plunges the tool further into the work in camplete.( Opposite of what was soposed to happen.

If you change the tool to a spot drill it will post fine in camplete at the correct depth.

4 hours ago, Leon82 said:

Coworker makes a drill path to chamfer a hole with a ball endmill.

In camplete it plunges into the hole too far by the amount of the ball radius. ...

If you change the tool to a spot drill it will post fine in camplete at the correct depth.

A few possibilities;

1) Go to the CAM Wizard, go to the NC Format page and make sure the "Output Tool Ref" and "Input Tool Ref (CAM File) are both set to "Tool Tip".

2) Go to Manage, Tools Ribbon, Options, File Types, Mastercam. Make sure the Default Tool Ref. is set to Tip.

3) While still in Options, Scroll down the Preferences to "NCI - Force Canned Cycle Paths to Tool Tip". Make sure it is checked. 

Give that a shot.

• Like 3

It's posting software that simulates the G code. It's supported by Matt Serra so it has a very detailed model

Had another weird issue today also.

On a 2D dynamic milling path I had hundreds of arcs going through webs and walls of the part these were triangular shaped pockets. Now it didn't actually cut the walls and I haven't quite figured out what it is. But there's an expensive part I'm not going to chance it on the machine so I made it so it didn't post out any arcs and it's fine

I play with step over minimum radius filter options nothing worked.I don't know if it's a warning telling you that it's a small arc or what

1 hour ago, pro grammer said:

What is camplete?

CAMPLETE is different in that is post code from different CAM Software for the machines they currently support and verifies the simulation of that code. They might sell a developer version of it, but far as I know they don't allow anyone to build their own machine they have to be purchased directly from them. Vericut, NCSIMUL and ICAM all allow you to build your own machines. I have built about 60 different machines and at the $$$ each would have costed purchasing I would be $$$$$$$$$ into going the CAMplete route. I have spent my own money purchasing Mastercam, Vericut and NCSIMUL and trust me money well spent, but I am blessed to have a good relationship with a couple of the OEM that allows me access to CAMPLETE. It is good product like the others, but with all the different customers we have and do work for not everyone of them uses the same thing so we must be able to provide the required CAV format they want.

• Thanks 1