Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Heidenhain Cycle 32

DavidB

The control is so good that you do not need it.  But by tweaking it you can accomplish some things...

If You have the 640 control you really don't need it .  With the 530 , you could use it with 5-ax toolpaths  and an angle of 2 degs to smooth out finishing. Yes you can

use a value of 2 degs and you will have no gouging. This is mentioned in the user manual.

We had some plastic pieces machined where the tolerances were inconsequential. By changing the tolerance to 0.1 we managed to speed up the feedrate up to 22 meters.

For normal finishing the loosest tolerance I've used is 0.015  (mm)

Gracjan

• Like 1

The default angular tolerance for our corporate post is 0.5 degrees. The default linear tolerance value is somewhere between 0.003-0.005", off the top of my head. We have a TNC 530 control in-house and we've never had cause to tighten it further than the default on Finishing mode, but of course, this depends on what kind of product you're making and what results you're expecting. Heidenhain's Cycle 32 is quite fantastic in terms of taking non-optimal point density/spacing with simultaneous motion and making it look buttery smooth. I've had the angular tolerance up as high as 2 degrees as pullo mentioned to really make some paths fly.

• Like 1

Controller is the 630

For roughing I've used half of the cut tolerance and roughing and the machine fly's

I haven't tried the angular tolerance.

With a 2 degree tolerance for 5-axis does that mean the machine can position within a 2 degree tolerance?

32 -rough.jpg