Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Corrupt Workspace File

candicesimp

My workspace file keeps getting corrupted and keeps Mastercam from opening after shutdown for the evening.  I can be successfully working in the evening and on restart in the morning Mastercam will not start.  It gets stuck on loading command lines and will not open.  Yesterday I had an active session working and tried to open a second session of Mastercam and it wouldn't open the second session.  If I replace the Workspace file with a saved copy it will successfully open.  I have downloaded all the patches for Mastercam 2018.  Could it be a graphics issue?

Any chance that you're original .workspace file is from an older version? 

If so, I have seen weirdness that caused me to recreate it in the current version, which I have been carrying forward for a few versions now.

Might want to start fresh....just a thought

No this is a new computer and a new setup.  I haven't had this issue until recently,  Setup back in April and this is something that started in the last month.  The first time it happened I completely uninstalled and reinstalled before I could get it to open. That has been about a month ago and it has worked until yesterday. This time I noticed the workspace file had updated when I shut down and tried replacing it before doing a reinstall again.

Not sure why this is happening but could try to make a fresh CONFIG folder that will have a fresh workspace file.

With M\C closed try moving and renaming the CONFIG folder found in "my Documents\my mcam2018" folder to the desktop (for safe keeping). Then start M\C, it will make a new CONFIG folder and a fresh workspace folder, if you have specific settings in your mcamx.config file you can now move the old file from the desktop to the new CONFIG folder that was just created. You will have to redo the settings in the .workspace file (try one or two settings first then close M\C and restart to see if the situation is better).

By moving and saving the original CONFIG folder to the desktop you are preserving all your old settings if you decide that the above has no positive effect you can always move the old files back to the new CONFIG folder.

HTH

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1