Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Updating EDM

88Matt

I remember getting a pen thrown at me, when I asked this question in an internal staff meeting. That was back in 2013. I think the consensus was basically "not until Mill-Turn is a mature product".

I've helped a couple guys hack a 5-Axis Post, in order to do "turn-and-burn" work. That was a very complicated way to go about getting anything that was useable. It took a lot of wok just to generate simple "turn-and-burn" paths. Plus, to get it to work right, you've got to have 5X Milling, on top of the regular Wire EDM package. We ended up having to use Manual Entry to call a Subprogram, and we output the T&B code as the Sub. It worked ok, but was still a lot of work to go through, for output that other packages like ****** can do easily.

• Like 1

I know that wire has always taken a backseat to mill and lathe.  After seeing what ***** can do, I was hoping that CNC Software might finally try to catch up. 

While ****** can do some pretty cool stuff, it is not very user friendly when transferring from MC.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 88Matt said:

I know that wire has always taken a backseat to mill and lathe.  After seeing what ***** can do, I was hoping that CNC Software might finally try to catch up. 

While ****** can do some pretty cool stuff, it is not very user friendly when transferring from MC.

What kind of "updates" are you looking for anyway?

Turn and burn.

4-axis no-core.

I would also like to see an easier interface for anything other that basic 2d.  I have some parts that require a lot of model manipulation to get geometry to run 4-axis.

I still have to do a lot of customizing the g-code after posting for my Charmilles.