Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Drilling Change at Point - How to Undo?

Bill H

I'll be more specific.  Let's say the toolpath has ten points and I've set the retract value to 0.1" absolute.  To avoid a clamp, I use Change at Point and put in a jump height of 2.0" at point #4.  Whoops - I meant to use the jump height at point #6.  How do I remove the change that I've put in at point #4?  If I put in a value of 0 for the jump height, this overrides the retract value.  I'm looking for a 'do over' - a way to get rid of my changes and return all parameters to their original values.

7 minutes ago, Bill H said:

JParis - That's the only method that I've found that works reliably.  I was hoping there was a simple 'undo' or 'restore defaults' option.

You can when reset the value....ie, you have a 2" Retract as your Clearance and set a 6" Jump Height....go back in to edit the 6" back to 2"

JParis - The problem with doing it this way is that if I now change the 2" Retract to 3", the Jump height stays at 2".  In other words, for the point where the 'Change at Point' was applied, it doesn't seem there's a way to undo the change and get the changed parameter to follow the Linking Parameters values - other than your suggestion of re-selecting the point.

Unfortunately, in 2020 or before, you cannot "undo" a change at point.

Change at point was tied into the editing the drill points' properties at a really low level for the past 30 years or so and we didn't have time to wade into that area until recently. As soon as you activate it on a point, it's manually overriding all of the set parameters.  They're not looking at the linking page at all. Your only option is either to delete the point and re-select, or to just set it to the value that you want it to be (note that it will not be updated by the linking page if you change it in the future).

In 2021, we've started to try to clean up some of that, and as a consequence you can now clear your changes:

image.png.d774460a227fcbf402909520f7695c38.png

• Like 6