Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mx330 problems

Jasonhsr

4 hours ago, cncappsjames said:

@Jasonhsr, any chance you can PM me the machine's parameters?

I've got probably a dozen machines in that exact configuration in my region that are running and functioning as expected so I can compare.

Are you running in inch or metric?

Regarding the spindle, are you running balanced tool assemblies? 

I do recall a time when there was an issue with the balance of the FANUC spindle motor causing spindle failures. But that was a awhile ago and I believe it was corrected. Perhaps not. When our guys replace a spindle, they balance the assembly (spindle, coupling and motor) out of the machine. If it is in the acceptable range then it is installed in the machine and balanced again. If it is out of range I'm not absolutely certain what they do next. Would be a question for Matsuura.

I am not able to get the machine parameters at the moment. We are running inch units and our assemblies are balanced.

• 8 months later...

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back. Matsuura installed a 3rd spindle in our MX330 since its arrival April 2019. We were charged for the last spindle. Here we are a year later and the spindle is getting noisy again especially mid-RPM (3000-8000). when we stop the machine, the spindle is cold to the touch and spindle still turns fairly normal. I say fairly because today, after being a bit noisy, I rotated the spindle by hand an there was resistance which went away after a few turns. we can not hear bearing noise like the last 2 times. The sound is a whine at varying RPMs and the problem is intermittent. For the last several weeks, the machine has sounded normal with the whine only returning yesterday. I really have no clue at this point. we are running inch and balanced assemblies.