Sign in to follow this  
Jasonhsr

Mx330 problems

I have been running a matsuura mx330 pc 10 with a 90 atc for the last year and a half. Numerous problems.  Anyone else in the same boat?

What problems.

Our 520 PC4 had a problem with the pallet in machine sensor but we seem to have got it ironed out.

Our 3:30 is not a pallet but we did have to change the c-axis cable because it detected high resistance. But that was under warranty. Also it seems the clamping is lagging but our machine has pneumatics it's not a hydraulic machine

13 hours ago, Jasonhsr said:

I have been running a matsuura mx330 pc 10 with a 90 atc for the last year and a half. Numerous problems.  Anyone else in the same boat?

are you using a post specific to the machine? Typically getting a post from a post company like Postability or Inhouse solutions or your local reseller should get you a nice post that is specific to the machine and on top of that if you got the post through any one of those companies they will likely fully support the post for edits if it is not working properly. I would email whomever you purchased the post through and let them know what is not working properly and they likely will address the issues and send you back a correction. 

what may be a proven post for one machine could need edits to be used with the same machine at another facility depending on the controller and parameters in the controller and how the machine is specifically setup, some brands of machines like HAAS for example remain pretty consistent across the board as far as what posts can be used and how the controller handles information but other brands of machines can have less consistency from the way one machine is setup to the next. 

and if you don't have a specific post for the machine, i would reach out to the reseller or one of those post companies i recommended above and they will be able to assist with quoting a machine specific post and like i said earlier if its a purchased post then it typically is fully supported by the post developer so if you have not reached out to them i would suggest doing so and they will likely be able to make the edits to get the post dialed in for your specific machine. 

if there are some minor problems with the post some of us here may be able to help also, so if you can describe some of the problems you are experiencing we may be able to offer some ideas and suggestions. 

i hope this helps

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2020 at 8:06 PM, Jasonhsr said:

Numerous problems.

Like????

• Like 1

We have 2 MX330's w/ 20K spindles in a robotic cell. Runs 24/7. Machine #1 has over 25,000 running hours on it. Machine #2 is around 18,000 hours.

We did have issues with Machine #1 blowing out the internal air lines on the 4th/5th axis table. We wound up replacing all of them & have not had an issue since. Machine #2 never had that problem, guessing Matsuura changed the hose material sometime between the 2 mfg dates.

Other than other general maintenance stuff (thru spindle coolant union, etc) They have been way solid. With a combined time of 43,000 hours if there was an issue we would of found it.

• Like 1