Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mori NTX3000 Mill-Turn post help

Hi Everyone,  Starting my new job here and programming up a few NTX3000 mill-turns. Does anyone with a NTX3000 post directly from Mastercam and run?(without major editing)   Would someone (or many) be willing to share a posted program with me?   I'm looking for the G-code to Turn, drill/mill OD and face on both Main and sub spindles.  The actual programming part I'm completely fine, its the G/M-code and order that I'm having problems with.   We are working with our reseller, who is supporting us and doing an excellent job at it!   I just want to get the end result program working exactly they way we want it and then go back to our reseller and have our post modified to output code more efficiently. My current problem is I don't know exactly what I want to be able to direct the post modification.

Thank you in advance.

We are in the process of bringing a 2008 Mori NT 6600 online.

Its a long story, but it belonged to a sister company and has 200 hours in it, It's basically a 12 year old new machine.

We purchased a Postability post for it and to date it's output is post and go.

The Mori tech who trained our operators said it was the best Mastercam code he had ever seen.

Our machine does not have a lower turret or sub spindle so I can't speak to dual stream code and such.

Mastercam supports the Mori NT line in their mill turn environment but I have no experience with that either

Mastercam Mori NT Mill/Turn

Mori will not supply models though they were happy to quote selling them to us.

If you didn't demand models with your purchase, you will have to buy them as well if you want to go the NT route.

• Thanks 1
Just now, jlw™ said:

I'm running Postability posts for Mazaks with upper, lower and sub.  The only editing required is to suit my taste in output.

Are you running Vericut on that machine?

I have a quote for a Vericut machine, but between buying the models from Mori and the usual CGTech price it's a pretty big number.

It is currently languishing in my boss's In Box. 

It's kind of scary running this machine blind..but I guess I'll get used to it.

On 7/30/2020 at 8:46 AM, gcode said:

Are you running Vericut on that machine?

I have a quote for a Vericut machine, but between buying the models from Mori and the usual CGTech price it's a pretty big number.

It is currently languishing in my boss's In Box. 

It's kind of scary running this machine blind..but I guess I'll get used to it.

Not running vericut at all.  I've only ran simulation on one machine - a Mazak V100.  Simulation sales always talk about the cost of one spindle but I've also never killed a spindle.  Having said that, I do see the value of simulation but I don't compare it to spindle cost.

Back to the lathe - I rarely cross turrets and we do prove outs of main, sub, then full program.  I have programmed Doosan TTs in a medical shop with the generic fanuc post.  That was nerve racking but fortunately all of the parts balanced out very well and I never had to cross turrets.  Most of those parts didn't even need live tooling.