Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Server busy when closing verify

Leon82

Has anyone gotten this error. It gives you an option to retry or to switch. If you hit switch it opens a start menu. Basically You have to force close Mastercam because verify never closes and you can't get out of the server busy error.

Could this be network related?

20 minutes ago, Leon82 said:

Has anyone gotten this error. It gives you an option to retry or to switch. If you hit switch it opens a start menu. Basically You have to force close Mastercam because verify never closes and you can't get out of the server busy error.

if you are getting it in FBM operations like FBM Mill or FBM drill which is where I have seen it on some computers then below should be the fix. 

also you could see if turning off the customer feedback program under File --> community helps any. 

Crash with .XLSX file in FBM toolpaths (this Knowledge base article is described as crash but I have seen Server busy in this area or when accessing Tap Tables on certain pc's and the FBM toolpaths)

Problem

Mastercam crashes when accessing the FbmToolTable.xlsx file. This can occur in FBM, access Tap Tables, or any area that access the file mentioned.

Solution

Rename the FbmToolTable.xlsx file to FbmToolTable.bak. The file is in the shared folder under \common\FBM. Mastercam will use the XLS or CSV file. All three files have the same data. Occasionally you may also have to rename the XLS file so Mastercam uses the CSV file.

- so you can try going here C:\Users\Public\Documents\Shared Mastercam 2021\common\FBM and in that folder you will see three files labeled "FbmToolTable" , if your pc is showing file extensions they each have a different file extension, rename 2 of them and keep the one that is the .xls file extension

This has fixed the server busy for me on specific pcs

Edit: after another look now i see your title says when closing verify, this may not help in that case but should help if anyone sees this prob with FBM 

Yes I have seen it and very annoying, but I have got in a habit of saving the file before even attempting to Verify. I am normally good, but when I do see this all bets are off and the 3 finger salute of alt-shift-delete or right click task manager and end task have to be employed and no saving the file at that point why I got in the habit of saving before verifying a file. 440 operation on my current file and been on this one operation for a month straight I think I have run verify 3 times. I am running everything through backplot and CAV since that is the litmus test on this beast of a part. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Leon82 said:

I think so, we have a lot of network issues, this is one bug we frequently encounter, you can sometimes escape by hammering the switch to button, I haven't managee that once on the new version.

I get this issue often.  2019, 2020, and 2021

I thought it was related to Chrome, but I tried uninstalling Chrome, rebooting and it still does it.

3 finger salute, but I am able to save the file before the forced shutdown.  ( I still always save before verify... you know: old habits and scars from being burned )

I forgot to mention: no network