Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lost Hasp

6105Moss

I program for a company maybe once a month for a couple days to help them stay on schedule.
When they need me I stop and pick up a hasp and program from home. When done I drop off the
hasp asap.
This process is needed next week but they can not find one of their hasps (they have several) and
suspect foul play. I told them to contact mastercam support and they will. Is their a way to locate the
whereabouts of the hasp through mastercam?
Thank you!

On 7/31/2020 at 7:37 PM, 6105Moss said:

Thanks for your reply. The company is mostly manufacturing with no computer people that I am

aware of anyway. If mastercam is downloaded onto a computer can't mastercam see what hasp license

is attached to that seat? 

in device manager you will see three listing of Sentinel devices under Universal Serial Bus Controllers, but it doesn't tell you the hasp number unless you go into haspx.exe 

so if they were able to dig into each computers device manager and check universal serial bus controllers for these sentinel devices it should narrow it down, then they could from there look in haspx.exe to see which one is the specific hasp number they are looking for and that would tell them what computer has that hasp plugged in.

Typically CNC Software will require a police report or insurance claim as proof of loss

Once they have that, they will replace a lost hasp for a nominal fee.

It you have encrypted posts you will need to get new copies from your post dealer that are binned to the new hasp.

I do not know if hasps phone home to command central during use. I don't think they do.

About the only way to recover a lost hasp is to figure out who stole it and get it back.

• Like 2

Thanks Guy's for the great information. They found it today. One of the guy's took it home 

at the last minute. Steps have been taken to know where and who has a hasp. Unfortunately

I will have to wait until tempers ease and work picks up until they will need me.I shared all

your replies with the managers there. Best forum of any kind on the internet.

• Like 2