Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machine simulation 2021 blows up Mcam

Programinator

I'm having a battle with Machine simulation.  I opened it up today on 2021 and the first time i ran it fine.  Then i tried to reopen it and it shuts down mastercam.  I have tried to restart the computer but that didn't work either.  So i opened 2020 and it seems to be working ok.  Anyone seeing the same type of problems with machine simulation.  Im doing a 5axis part and would like to be able to run simulation to avoid any potential problems.  thanks

5 minutes ago, Programinator said:

I'm having a battle with Machine simulation.  I opened it up today on 2021 and the first time i ran it fine.  Then i tried to reopen it and it shuts down mastercam.  I have tried to restart the computer but that didn't work either.  So i opened 2020 and it seems to be working ok.  Anyone seeing the same type of problems with machine simulation.  Im doing a 5axis part and would like to be able to run simulation to avoid any potential problems.  thanks

I have a couple of binned Postability machine sims and had to get  separate download to get machine sim running in 2021

So the suggestion was made in the Mastercam forum to delete the mwMachSim.ini file in my mastercam 2021 directory.  So i delete it and it does open simulation.  But then when i go to exit out of simulation it kills mastercam unless i delete that file before i close.  Since the file keeps getting regenerated i have to delete it every time i need to open or close  simultaion or it kills mastercam.  Plus it seems like simulation is making moves that do not match with the toolpaths.  Saying gouge/collision when there is none and making cuts that are not seen in verify or backplot.  was working fine in 2020!  What happened?

is your documents folder possibly a one drive location? i have seen problems with using onedrive as the documents folder location which can be permission related among other types of issues. If you right click on your documents folder, go to properties, then click the location tab and under document properties and is your documents folder listed as C:\Users\NAME\Documents or is it on a server or onedrive?

On 8/5/2020 at 2:51 PM, JoshC said:

is your documents folder possibly a one drive location? i have seen problems with using onedrive as the documents folder location which can be permission related among other types of issues. If you right click on your documents folder, go to properties, then click the location tab and under document properties and is your documents folder listed as C:\Users\NAME\Documents or is it on a server or onedrive?

No it is not

On 8/5/2020 at 3:57 PM, Chris In-House Solutions said:

Since its a custom post I'm assuming the post is in the machsim folder?  Did you check the box to "use external post" before simulating?  if the post isnt in the folder that option will not be available and is probably why its not showing you an accurate simulation.  

I put the post in the machsim folder but i dont see anywhere the "use external post" setting.  where is that?  In the system configuration or in the machine simulation options?

57 minutes ago, Programinator said:

I put the post in the machsim folder but i dont see anywhere the "use external post" setting.  where is that?  In the system configuration or in the machine simulation options?

You would have had to have purchased your Machinesim with the post tied to it when you got your post for your machine. No way to externally link a post to a Machinesim that has to be done by a post builder and far as I know only 3rd parties do it not CNC Software directly expect for MT.  

1 minute ago, RonC. said:

I and my other programmers seem to keep get ("unexpected error ") when running verify

it seem to be happening randomly which lock up MC2021 ...

I get that too often when doing random things.  the graphics go haywire and shuts mastercam 2021 down.  Sometimes i can save before it completely goes down and sometimes not

Just now, Programinator said:

I get that too often when doing random things.  the graphics go haywire and shuts mastercam 2021 down.  Sometimes i can save before it completely goes down and sometimes not

Well so far I have not had the ability to save file when it happens.. lol

1 minute ago, RonC. said:

Well so far I have not had the ability to save file when it happens.. lol

I have my autosave set to every 5 min's.  that helps.  Although sometimes i suspect that is maybe what causes the problem.  It tries to save while another process is running and it gets all confused.

1 minute ago, Programinator said:

I have my autosave set to every 5 min's.  that helps.  Although sometimes i suspect that is maybe what causes the problem.  It tries to save while another process is running and it gets all confused.

Yeah I have mind  auto saving every 15 mins...  and saving file really isn't a bad issuse

until i get the unexpected error message once that happen MC lockup and ypou can't do anything to it

but force close, and start up again..

On 8/12/2020 at 3:49 PM, Dave Thomson | Postability said:

As a follow up on this, while Programinator is a Postability post user, his company has not licensed our optional MachSim add-on, so the issues are related to the internal simulation.

Yeah,  we thought we purchased everything we needed from our reseller but i guess this slipped through the cracks.  We are talking with our reseller to get that add-on

Thanks Dave

• Like 1