Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

So not a Guru

On 8/11/2020 at 8:55 AM, BILL HUNTER said:

Sorry. I a not interested in the sales pitch. I am interested in knowing what actually works in 2021. 

The new solid no history option is very useful for my workflow personally, the profile ramp entry is a good addition as well, I can't speak for others but I have gotten much better performance from verify.

As for the issues, we have uncovered quite a few, however many of them are expected to be fixed in update 2.

Man, 2021 has been the buggiest release I can remember in years.  I'm not gonna nag and complain, as I know software has shortfalls sometimes.  

I just want CNC to put fourth effort in correcting some of the problems before more bells and whistles are implemented.

I do like some of the new paths and geometry alteration methods, so not all is bad.  

1 minute ago, heavychevy2155 said:

I hear everyone saying this is the buggiest release yet, but it seems like we have forgot about the tool renumbering bus a few releases back.  That was one that really put a hurting on workflow!!

Its working fine for me mostly except the nesting label bug and i found a workaround

39 minutes ago, heavychevy2155 said:

I hear everyone saying this is the buggiest release yet,

I would disagree with that

For me, the V9 zero byte crash was the absolute worst.

There is nothing worse than crashing and seeing filesize = 0 on a week's worth of work.

I used to save 5 copies of big projects

A guy I used to work with burned a CD every evening before he went home for a big project he worked on.

I can't remember the last zero byte crash I had, but the first thing I do with a new release is make sure the backup utility is on

8 hours ago, Chris In-House Solutions said:

The complaint wasnt valuable.  Trust me it had zero value and didnt describe any issues. 

It's all good, tbr, all the 2 bit trolls are :popcorn to me,

gets me through the day, the guy with bad english really made 

me laugh.

On 8/13/2020 at 5:05 PM, byte said:

I agree new threads should be created for each seperate issue, however, there are quite a few complaints I am hearing about the new version,if you hide them all cnc software may miss out on valuable feedback. 

Also, if you want to make sure that CNC Software to sees them in a timely manner, you're much better off to post your complaint on our forum instead of In-Houses'.  I try to hang out here as much as I can 'cause I love you guys and I know a few others do too, but it doesn't have the corporate presence from QC & others that ours does.

On 8/13/2020 at 7:01 AM, Born to machine said:

2021 is garbage.. Don't even bother with it.. Had one problem after another and now my maintenance is over which by the way is overpriced for the privilege of mastercam releasing fixes for things that should be working in the first place I'm now stuck with it.. Back to x9 for me...  

On this point, we haven't actually release the first "bug fix" update for 2021 yet.  We had to quickly release Update 1 to fix a few licensing issues that popped up, but Update 2 will be using the original RTM (Release to Manufacturing) date.  If you were able to install 2021, you'll be able to install Update 2.

On 8/13/2020 at 9:55 AM, gcode said:

research carefully

a whole lot of different cam packages use the same 5X toolpath suite you are already unhappy with... and do not implement it as well as Mastercam has

ModuleWorks Partners

And finally, I'm taking this as a compliment :) Thanks G!

• Like 1
On 8/13/2020 at 4:16 PM, byte said:

The new solid no history option is very useful for my workflow personally, the profile ramp entry is a good addition as well, I can't speak for others but I have gotten much better performance from verify.

As for the issues, we have uncovered quite a few, however many of them are expected to be fixed in update 2.

Thankyou for the helpful and relative comment.