Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2021 Install Issues

nperry

I'm having a difficult time installing 2021. I tried once a few weeks ago and it didn't go...had to go through and clear 2021 stuff out of the registry, plus search any stray 2021 files and clear those out too to pull it out of the apps list. Anyone seen these errors before or have any insight? I installed and am running 2020 just fine so this isn't any sort of emergency.

installfail.png

installfail2.png

7 minutes ago, gcode said:

the next time you attempt an install, try right clicking the exe file and hitting "run as administrator"

You might what to try a fresh download as well. It is possible the one you have is corrupted

Just grabbed this one fresh this morning. Trying the run as admin right now...

15 minutes ago, nperry said:

Windows 10 Pro, build 19041.388

Notify me only when apps try to make changes to my computer

Looks like .net framework is 4.8, which I think is the most recent.

go to the Windows OS build info, you can get to it from the update history page, V1909 is the preferred build, V2004 did some goofy nonsense MSoft may have straightened it out by now, haven't decided to take a run at that windmill yet

set your user account settings to never notify

yes Net Frame 4.8 is the latest

Setup has installed MSXML 6.0 Parser Successfully

.NET Framework 4.6.1 or a later update is already installed on this computer

Windows update standalone installer gives me an error message

1 minute ago, crazy^millman said:

Where is the install program on your system to install from? What place on the Hard Drive? Have you tried putting on the desktop and installing from there?

I tried it directly out of the downloads file and right now I"m attempting straight off the desktop with same results. Tried installing to my secondary hard drive but no luck there.

Right here maybe is a RED FLAG.

MSI (s) (34:90) [13:18:40:845]: Machine policy value 'DisableUserInstalls' is 0

This needs to be corrected.

Also says the installer is missing information which leads to me to think still not a good download.

Need to shoot an email to Chris Bell at CNC Software so they can dig into it if you dealer has not been able to help, but you should reach out to your dealer first.

At this point I would create a new stand alone Admin account.

I had to do this with my last PC,  a Win 7 machine I updated to Win 10.

Some software would not install under my username even though I had admin rights.

Mastercam was fine, but 3D Connextion drivers absolutely refused to install

I created a new user account with admin privileges and used that for all software installs which solved the problem

My current machine is an OEM WIn10 install and does not have this issue

4 minutes ago, gcode said:

At this point I would create a new stand alone Admin account.

I had to do this with my last PC,  a Win 7 machine I updated to Win 10.

Some software would not install under my username even though I had admin rights.

Mastercam was fine, but 3D Connextion drivers absolutely refused to install

I created a new user account with admin privileges and used that for all software installs which solved the problem

My current machine is an OEM WIn10 install and does not have this issue

I'll give it a shot.

I replaced my hard drives a couple weeks ago so it was fresh installs right off the website after everything was back up and running. 2020 installed without a hitch, so who knows.