Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2021 Install Issues

nperry

Have not gotten anywhere with it, Chris. Had instructions from my reseller yesterday that I followed and gave same result. 

I navigated to the folder and the MSI file was, indeed, not there. I took the MSI file out of the full download folder and popped it into the screenshot folder for kicks. The errors on those screenshots are no longer popping up but it still results in a failed install. The second log that I posted are the results from after I had done that.

Strange.... Have you tried installing the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributes.  I think they are on the full download.  They should be under the SetupPrerequisites and should be in the folders called VC2012, VC2013 & VC2017.

Here is a neat link to all the Visual C++ files https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/

There are times when we've have to re-install these or the install doesn't work.

23 minutes ago, Chris In-House Solutions said:

Strange.... Have you tried installing the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributes.  I think they are on the full download.  They should be under the SetupPrerequisites and should be in the folders called VC2012, VC2013 & VC2017.

Here is a neat link to all the Visual C++ files https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/

There are times when we've have to re-install these or the install doesn't work.

Yes this is a screen shot of the X20 USP prerequisites folder

I would assume the X21 USB is the same

X20 prereqisites.jpg

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Chris In-House Solutions said:

2012, 2013 were installed, so I "repaired" them and they went.

The 2017 file setup fails because another version is already installed. Looks like the file is trying to install 14.15.26706 and I currently have 14.22.27821.0 installed. 

Do I need to uninstall the latter and install the former?

12 minutes ago, Chris In-House Solutions said:

The version you have installed is newer so I would keep that.  Chances are if you uninstall it windows will update it anyways.  If Mastercam doesn't install you can try uninstalling it and then installing the 2017 version 14.15.26706

Gave it a shot. No dice.

15 hours ago, Chris In-House Solutions said:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

17 minutes ago, Chris In-House Solutions said:

I think you may need your reseller to assist you with this.  Obviously there is something going on with that PC you are trying to install the software on.  

I've been in contact with them. They sent me step-by-step instructions which I followed to the T. Cleared out the registry, ran CCleaner, install. Same deal. Sent them the log file 42 hours ago...still waiting on a reply.

10 minutes ago, nperry said:

I've been in contact with them. They sent me step-by-step instructions which I followed to the T. Cleared out the registry, ran CCleaner, install. Same deal. Sent them the log file 42 hours ago...still waiting on a reply.

Did you run the uninstaller?

What about the folder in your c drive is it cleared out?

5 minutes ago, byte said:

Did you run the uninstaller?

What about the folder in your c drive is it cleared out?

After I replaced my hard drives I installed 2020 and then tried to install 2021. 2021 didn't take, obviously, but it was different than what it's doing now. The install failed but I still had a directory for it in my start menu, but all the icons were blank. At that point is when I tried to run the uninstaller - tried both uninstall and repair, neither worked.

Since then I had cleared absolutely every file associated with 2021 off of my computer (that I know of). Initially I had cleared out the registry manually and thought I got it all, but then after I ran CCleaner I saw there were a handful of files I had missed in some of the registry nooks and crannies. Anyways, figured that app had everything cleared out and I'd be good to go. No such luck.

To answer your question, there's nothing I can see at this point either in the registry or in the C drive related to 2021.

If I run the uninstaller right now it tells me the process is interrupted before the wizard is able to finish.

9 minutes ago, nperry said:

After I replaced my hard drives I installed 2020 and then tried to install 2021. 2021 didn't take, obviously, but it was different than what it's doing now. The install failed but I still had a directory for it in my start menu, but all the icons were blank. At that point is when I tried to run the uninstaller - tried both uninstall and repair, neither worked.

Since then I had cleared absolutely every file associated with 2021 off of my computer (that I know of). Initially I had cleared out the registry manually and thought I got it all, but then after I ran CCleaner I saw there were a handful of files I had missed in some of the registry nooks and crannies. Anyways, figured that app had everything cleared out and I'd be good to go. No such luck.

To answer your question, there's nothing I can see at this point either in the registry or in the C drive related to 2021.

If I run the uninstaller right now it tells me the process is interrupted before the wizard is able to finish.

I suggest reinstalling windows.

4 minutes ago, byte said:

I suggest reinstalling windows.

I have to agree sounds like a bad Windows install. About Window 8 Microsoft really screwed up their OS. allowing for NSA and other government agencies access into our computers add a ton of bloat to the OS. Then all the Data mining they are trying to do themselves and you get the Titanic of Windows 10 for an OS. Sucks, but I had one guy I know IT wiped his system 5 times until they could get everything working correctly.

You do what you need to do.

1 minute ago, nperry said:

I'll consider it but I've got 2020 running just fine so the likelihood of me actually finding the ambition to do that is pretty low right now. I hope you don't take that personally or anything.

4 minutes ago, nperry said:

I'll consider it but I've got 2020 running just fine so the likelihood of me actually finding the ambition to do that is pretty low right now. I hope you don't take that personally or anything.

Why would I take it personally? My only interest is for you to find the best solution if/when you need it.

• 1 month later...

Had some time today and finally got this figured out, so for posterity...

Went into the registry editor and deleted one key - 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Classes > Installer 

Then arrow down until I found the one for Mastercam 2021. Delete. I understand how might have missed this before but I don't understand how the CCLeaner program missed it.

Anyways, at the same time I went into the properties for the install file and there was a setting clicked on to run with Windows 8 compatibility, so I clicked that off also. Did both things before I clicked "run as administrator" so not sure what made the difference but my money is on the registry business.