Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Trimming issues...

JParis

Something has to have been changed in trimming in 2021...it can't be just me..

I am having a hard time getting lines to trim together that I darn well know are able to be trimmed...sometimes I have to go at 2 or 3 times changing the order of selection, suddenly they trim..

Trimming rads....I have never in all my years had so many arcs, instead of trimming to a line become full arcs that I then have to trim properly again...

I can't be the only seeing this craziness?

41 minutes ago, JParis said:

I am having a hard time getting lines to trim together that I darn well know are able to be trimmed...sometimes I have to go at 2 or 3 times changing the order of selection, suddenly they trim..

Trimming rads....I have never in all my years had so many arcs, instead of trimming to a line become full arcs that I then have to trim properly again...

no there is something hinky going on. I've never been able to put a file together to reliably reproduce the problem though

It seems like order of selection make a big difference when it should really make no difference at all

4 minutes ago, gcode said:
47 minutes ago, JParis said:

no there is something hinky going on. I've never been able to put a file together to reliably reproduce the problem though

It seems like order of selection make a big difference when it should really make no difference at all

Maybe you guys are just getting old, trim seems fine to me!!!

Just kidding the trim isn't working very well, the only one that seems to work well is trim to point, I usually use trim to point and set it to break for cutting y splines and stuff

Add me to the list as well. Full Arcs, where I expect a 90 degree filet.

I've been using the same selection workflow since Mastercam X, when it comes to trimming selection. Something weird is going on in 2021...

1 hour ago, JParis said:

Have you seen any difference with 2D versus 3D switch?

When I have to do a bunch of trimming, that's when it gets weird.  Its like it reverses the order.  You pick the line you want to trim and the one you want to trim it at, after a few times it changes somehow, and I either hit ESC and start again, or do it backwards.

Has anyone else seen duplicate wireframe geometry creation? After doing a bunch of trimming, I went to Toolpath my chain. I clicked the first entity to start my full-chain, and was puzzled to have it stop at the endpoint of the first entity. I stopped the chaining process, and ran delete-duplicates. Somehow I had "tripled" the geometry. (Three lines/arcs, in all places, where there should only have been one entity. I can't duplicate the behavior yet, but at some point, trimming lines/arcs together is generating duplicate wireframe geometry. 

Same here..

Im just doing a trimmed fillet between 2 lines and apart from me having to select the 2 lines several times over every now and then it actually hangs and crashes 2021..

Also other issues with simple optirough and pocket toolpaths which make 2021 hang in an endless loop so you have no choice but to reset..

Worst part is my maintenance ran out the other day after update 1 so now i guess im stuck with these issues which really isnt fair as clearly there is an issue ..

Wish i had have know this before as i would have stayed with x9..😥

2 hours ago, Born to machine said:

Also other issues with simple optirough and pocket toolpaths which make 2021 hang in an endless loop so you have no choice but to reset..

Can you open a new thread for this seperate issue please?

12 hours ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

Add me to the list as well. Full Arcs, where I expect a 90 degree filet.

I've been using the same selection workflow since Mastercam X, when it comes to trimming selection. Something weird is going on in 2021...

Have you seen any difference with 2D versus 3D switch?

Newp....

12 hours ago, byte said:

Ditto. I watched the video and left it there

It works good for divide.

I was doing some plunge milling and I used it to trim the inside of the arcs I drew so I could use it as a air region. I just wave the mouse around and I was done. But if you go too fast sometimes it reinserts the trim

Hey guys, I'm told that R-23607 (from the linked thread above) is slated to receive a fix in 2021 Update 2. Hopefully this clears up some of the 2021 behavioral issues. I have not tested the update myself and I'd be a bad test candidate anyway, as I have not experienced trim issues in 2021 as others have.

Just installed 2021 last week. Received the Update 1 this morning.

Hadn't noticed any trimming or fillet issues. I did some tests just now and everything seems fine.

(A different subject) But after Update 1 finished, I opened a grill file I'm machining (now). Toolpaths were red X'd that were fine before. I couldn't regen them! Thought locked? Ghosted? Nope. I got worried...Closed the program....re-opened file and toolpaths all good. Everything now acts normally. (That was weird)