Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Has anyone had the origin for a plane just change on it's own?

Leon82

Has any one noticed that if u translate a solid to a new spot it may switch out arcs associated to tool paths.

I had it try to drill a fillet one time. So I don't use solids for drilling any more.... just like we decided back in the late '90s when solids were new. The same problem made it thru how many years ????  it's enough for me to loose all hope for M.C.

Still using 2019 here, I always wait a several months before switching, to ensure that the bugs have been addressed.

Watching this forum & the official MC forum, it seems that many issues with 2020 don't seem to have been fixed.

So, I decided to wait for 2021, but I still don't feel confident to make the switch.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, motor-vater said:

TRY GOING INTO YOUR MACHINE DEF, THEN GENERAL PARAMETERS, THEN CPLANE/TPLANE AND SWITCH IT TO NONE. MY PLANES USED TO MOVE ALL THE TIME AND SINCE I HAVE DONE THIS IT SEEMS TO HAVE DONE THE TRICK. KNOCK ON WOOD!

PLANES.PNG

I will try it tomorrow

20 hours ago, Leon82 said:

It happened to me. I would switch to another planes origin. I had to delete it and make a new one.

Associate was not checked for either plane

YES YES YES. I have experience this several times in 2020. Primarily for 5 axis ops. Some times you move it when you are setting up the gnome and it moves right back before your eyes. It can be a lot of fun.

2 minutes ago, BILL HUNTER said:

YES YES YES. I have experience this several times in 2020. Primarily for 5 axis ops. Some times you move it when you are setting up the gnome and it moves right back before your eyes. It can be a lot of fun.

Lock your planes. I had the same thing happen to me and until I started locking planes did things get better for 2020.

3 minutes ago, BILL HUNTER said:

I do. On that subject, why should I have to? Is Mastercam a bad neighborhood?

Want to machine your parts or not? I don't really care. I own Mastercam and that is the tool I have to use. I had a 1974 Chevy Pickup Truck that went through a Quart of oil every two weeks. It was my only mode of transportation. Now I could complain and not put oil in it and let it die or I could fill it with oil. I choose to put one quart of oil in it every other week to keep it running. Your choice on how you want to go about it. Me I can machine 2500 of Mastercam 5 Axis operations on one part in Mastercam and make parts that send people into Space. You cannot then sorry you have such problems using the software that is not perfect, but does get the job done. 

• Like 1
On 8/12/2020 at 6:17 AM, BILL HUNTER said:

That sums you up pretty well. Please stop replying to my posts. There are plenty of other posters for you to practice egomania. Thanks anyway.

Why I am the Crazy Millman. Have a great and wonderful day ONLYBLM and Pro Grammer and Bill Hunter all rolled into one.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, motor-vater said:

Did anyone try the fix with any success or are we just bashing each other now? I had that problem since 2019 and the above fix seems to have solved my problems. Knock on wood. But I am curious if it worked for anyone else?

The only solution I have heard of is to lock the planes, I have read that several times in different posts.

Another solution would be write a chook to store the plane data in a text file named after the plane, then compare the plane data to what is contained in the operation and if it doesn't match the stored value reset it. You could check if the planes data matched continuously via an event handler. 

16 hours ago, motor-vater said:

Did anyone try the fix with any success or are we just bashing each other now? I had that problem since 2019 and the above fix seems to have solved my problems. Knock on wood. But I am curious if it worked for anyone else?

My MMDS and LMDS were already set that way and I was seeing it. Locking the planes was the only thing I found that kept them from moving. Simple test. Make a new Plane from something and then make your planes relative to that one using the make plane relative. Move the base plane and all the planes created relative to that one moves. No warning they just all move. I reported it in the main forum and it was not given a response. I lock the planes and do what I need to. Does suck when I want to section planes to turn on display and have to unlock and relock, but for a stable file I do what I need tot get the job done.

Yes I did your fix and it seems to have worked for me also. Thank you