Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

C-hook not found .... MachSim.dll

TRegal

Windows 10 N ver. 1909

Mastercam 2020

When trying to do a 3d simulation I get the window " C-hook not found"

C:\ProgramFiles\Mastercam2020\Mastercam\Chooks\Machsim.dll 

Says this file is missing, yet it is where it always was and is supposed to be.

I believe the last time I had this I had to reinstall Mastercam. 

Any ideas?

It looks like it might be related to a Windows Media pack.  

Cause

Mastercam Simulator requires files from the Windows media pack to be present. Within Windows N and Windows KN versions, this package is part of an optional install causing Mastercam and/or the Simulator to not launch. 

Solution

Install the Media Feature Pack provided by Microsoft. 

Windows 10 (Install the version matching your OS version)
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3145500/media-feature-pack-list-for-windows-n-editions

• Like 2

Hello, 

The person from Shopware told me to upgrade to the newest version of Mastercam 2021. He thought it would take care of it.

Now when I go to Verify the window comes up saying " Processing NCI data" and then it crashes out  and then a window titled Simulation says: An unknown error has occured.

So, still a no go. 

1 minute ago, TRegal said:

Hello, 

The person from Shopware told me to upgrade to the newest version of Mastercam 2021. He thought it would take care of it.

Now when I go to Verify the window comes up saying " Processing NCI data" and then it crashes out  and then a window titled Simulation says: An unknown error has occured.

So, still a no go. 

That happens sometimes, usually I restart/launch a second mastercam instance.

• 1 month later...

Anyone have any experience or different fixes for this? I'm unable to launch verify for 2021 (2020 verify works great).

I don't have a Windows N or KN version, so no ability to install any of the Media Feature packs, even manually.

The MachSim C-Hook is where it should be and everything is pointed in the right direction in configuration. I've tried rebooting Mastercam/PC and still getting the same results. 

7 hours ago, nperry said:

Anyone have any experience or different fixes for this? I'm unable to launch verify for 2021 (2020 verify works great).

I don't have a Windows N or KN version, so no ability to install any of the Media Feature packs, even manually.

The MachSim C-Hook is where it should be and everything is pointed in the right direction in configuration. I've tried rebooting Mastercam/PC and still getting the same results. 

Sorry, are you getting the same chook not found error message?

If your simulator is just flat out not working you should replace the mymastercam and sharedmastercam folder with new ones from your backup, or if u have no backup, a colleagues computer or delete and reinstall.

Those issues are usually accompanied by "an unknown error occurred" or a message informing you that the server is busy.

40 minutes ago, byte me said:

Sorry, are you getting the same chook not found error message?

If your simulator is just flat out not working you should replace the mymastercam and sharedmastercam folder with new ones from your backup, or if u have no backup, a colleagues computer or delete and reinstall.

Those issues are usually accompanied by "an unknown error occurred" or a message informing you that the server is busy.

Yeah, I'm getting the same Chook not found message. It's giving me the message when I click the verify icon or when I click the simulator options icon. It's popping up twice, gotta click okay twice before it disappears. 

I tried doing a repair on it, I'll give uninstall/reinstall a shot.

1 minute ago, nperry said:

Yeah, I'm getting the same Chook not found message. It's giving me the message when I click the verify icon or when I click the simulator options icon. It's popping up twice, gotta click okay twice before it disappears. 

I tried doing a repair on it, I'll give uninstall/reinstall a shot.

The files are not blocked right?

If you right click and check the properties there would be an option to unblock, although i don't know why that would happen.

You could also check the path in the .ft file

7 minutes ago, byte me said:

The files are not blocked right?

If you right click and check the properties there would be an option to unblock, although i don't know why that would happen.

You could also check the path in the .ft file

Uninstall/reinstall did the trick. Thanks!

• Like 1