Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Windows 10 Ver May 2004 update warning

gcode

Notice from my Mastercam dealer

Cliff Notes

this update is locked and will not automatically install on any computer that has Mastercam on it.

There is an issue between the update and old Aladdin Hasp drivers which are installed with every version of Mastercam.

You can force this update to run, but don't do it,

It will turn Mastercam computer's into bricks

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Just fought an odd issue. i had my Winblows update paused. About 4 weeks ago I had an update that slipped through and had no choice but to accept it. i thought nothing of it, but had issues since then. I emailed QC and they told me to check my Nvidia Control Panel. I couldn't access it and then I was being asked to accept the update of drivers I did 2 months ago. I had to do a clean reinstall of those same drivers and now my issues seemed to have gone away. Windblows is getting really old and wish we could run Mastercam on a Linux System. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, gcode said:

Notice from my Mastercam dealer

Cliff Notes

this update is locked and will not automatically install on any computer that has Mastercam on it.

There is an issue between the update and old Aladdin Hasp drivers which are installed with every version of Mastercam.

You can force this update to run, but don't do it,

It will turn Mastercam computer's into bricks

Lol im doomed, we get all the latest updates, no choice, into the fire.

13 hours ago, byte said:

Lol im doomed, we get all the latest updates, no choice, into the fire.

You should be OK

WIndows Update will not run this update if it sees Aladdin hasp drivers on your machine

If your IT department overrides that and forces the install, all bets are off

Maybe you should forward that link to your IT department

At least you will be able to say you warned them when they turn your PC into a flower pot

• Like 1

Both my home and work PC wanted to restart this morning to finish some updates

I checked and they were not the Win10 May Ver 2004 update,

I have restarted both machines and everything is running properly

and

The May Version 2004 update is no longer showing up on the Update and Security page

I don't know if that means it's been pulled or they do no plan to fix it for machines running Aladdin Hasp drivers.

On 8/13/2020 at 8:42 AM, gcode said:

You should be OK

WIndows Update will not run this update if it sees Aladdin hasp drivers on your machine

If your IT department overrides that and forces the install, all bets are off

Maybe you should forward that link to your IT department

At least you will be able to say you warned them when they turn your PC into a flower pot

We seem to have the enterprise version.

This update switched from "Coming Soon" to "Download and Install" on my work and home PC's yesterday

My wife and I both have MS Surface laptops as well, and oddly enough, it doesn't show up on either of them.

I fired up my backup workstation ( 4 year old Boxx)  and my old Dell laptop (10 year old M4600) and let them  run all outstanding updates.

The May 2004 update showed up as "Download and Install" on both of them.

It's not a disaster if I brick either of these machines so I downloaded and installed May 2004 on both of them.

The update ran without problems and both PC's reboot, cold start and run Mastercam normally.

I installed MC2021 on my old laptop and it runs Mastercam properly using a USB hasp

I tested my backup PC with both my USB hasp and my employer's  nethasp via VPN and had no problems there either.

So far so good, but I'm not ready to update my  real working PC's yet

• Like 3

This is from mastercam.com. I installed the updated HASP driver and it looks to be alright so I don't see a down side to installing it.

https://my.mastercam.com/Downloads/Mastercam

Windows 10 2004 Issue - Please Read Before Installing

07-10-2020 - The latest version of Microsoft Windows 10 (2004) introduced a defect that causes a conflict with the HASP driver installed with every version of Mastercam. This conflict can cause a Blue Screen error, necessitating a system restoration. Microsoft is aware of the issue and is working on a timely resolution. The latest HASP driver found in the link below will prevent this from happening. Please install this driver as soon as possible, and before installing any version of Mastercam. We are working on a workaround to the Microsoft defect. 

Updated HASP Driver

Thank you for your patience.

• Like 1

My question is if you have already installed the WIndows 10 2004 update.  Will it be ok to install the Hasp Update after this windows update installs?  Is there steps to take before installing the Hasp Update?  Need details if someone could provide this information. 

thanks as always.  Send me an email with details ASAP  [email protected]

Jeff

6 minutes ago, gcode said:

O updated my home workstation last night

I did not update the hasp drivers

They show a date of 08/23/18

Everything appears to be working normally so I see no need to update them.

OK, that being said, i checked my hasp date too, but I am having issues with mastercam opening.  My hasp driver date is newer than yours.  3-29-2019  version 7.92.0.0

9 minutes ago, Jeff2005 said:

OK, that being said, i checked my hasp date too, but I am having issues with mastercam opening.  My hasp driver date is newer than yours.  3-29-2019  version 7.92.0.0

MC 2021 hung up on me 1 time out of 3  after the update ,  I shut the machine down and restarted Its working OK now

The date and version you are showing are the drivers installed by the HASP update utility 

31 minutes ago, Jeff2005 said:

I have restarted several times and we are still having the same issue.  Are you saying it needs to be the version you are showing?

thanks,

In my case, it made no difference.

If I were having your problems, I would uninstall then reinstall the updated drivers from the link in Smit's post

Be sure to remove your hasp from your computer while reinstalling

"It looks like machine SIM will not run in Mastercam 2021 with this 2004 update. Machine SIM still works okay in mastercam 2020. Can somebody test it?"

I can confirm the issue.

Mastercam Mill 2021 update 1 Launching Machine Sim from "Machine Simulation" options panel Mastercam will crash when Machine Simulation is closed
After crash, Machine Simulation will not run (crashes on launch) until mwMachSim.ini is deleted.

We submitted this to MLC-CAD and they were able to duplicate the issue and they in turn submitted the issue to CNC Software who is currently working to find a resolution.

W also found an issue with the corner radius on an endmill showing collisions in MachSim even when the tool is not touching any surfaces. If you remove the corner radius, the issue goes away. This was also submitted to CNC Software.

3 hours ago, sir Camalot said:

I can confirm the issue.

Mastercam Mill 2021 update 1 Launching Machine Sim from "Machine Simulation" options panel Mastercam will crash when Machine Simulation is closed
After crash, Machine Simulation will not run (crashes on launch) until mwMachSim.ini is deleted.

We submitted this to MLC-CAD and they were able to duplicate the issue and they in turn submitted the issue to CNC Software who is currently working to find a resolution.

W also found an issue with the corner radius on an endmill showing collisions in MachSim even when the tool is not touching any surfaces. If you remove the corner radius, the issue goes away. This was also submitted to CNC Software.

are these the generic machine sims or purchased machine sims running from binned posts.

I updated last week and have been running a home built machine sim for a week with no issues at all.

In fact performance and graphics have never been better..

edit … just tried this with a Postability machine sim that is tied to a binned post...

It ran with no issues...

• Like 1

The MachSims(2) were built by me and then I had some recent post work done for one of the machines. At that time the MachSim's were checked and confirmed good. The posts are binned.

I did not set the update to install. For the longest time the update showed available. Then after about 2 months(???) it showed that it was downloaded and ready to install. A day later I went to lunch and came back to find it being installed on my computer. No one knows why or how the install started. Any way I was hopeful that things would go well and everything did until I opened an older MC2018 file that I was going to convert to MC2021.  When I opened MachSim to verify toolpaths, all hell broke loose. I  was having freezing issues and then nothing in MachSim would work. It gave an error message that didn't make any sense to me so I call MLC to have a look. That is when we deleted the mwMachSim.ini. I was able to get Mastercam to open and then was able to open a file, but then Mastercam became a brick. Nothing was working. So we uninstalled all of the updates and reverted back a day. 

Something else that happened prior to the update was that AVG was somehow installed on my PC. It was a flag and I called IT. They couldn't tell me how it was installed. (We already have a product that we were using.) They told me to just uninstall it.

When the update was installed, I was using the other parts of the system like Word and Excel, I noticed the system was very smooth and responsive. Everything just seem to work better. That is until I opened MachSim.